In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

with luck a easy fix

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
     I went into town to the TSC pick up some chicken feed for the wife's "pets" out front of the store they had a pressure washer  with a Honda engine looked ( champion brand I think ) nice almost new  a bit dirty but marked 99.00 as is .. $399.00  was the original price 
     so I  pulled the cord  it turned over easy seemed to have compression the wand hose and nozzles all there  and looked new .
      I walked in said I take the pressure washer , a few seemed surprised they did not know about it , the manager came up  said yep 99.00  then  showed the clerk how to over ride the price for the sale .
    he helped me load  it in my truck told me per the  customer  it would run but then die after a few minutes 
 they took it back placed it out side , must have just done so . not long before I got there 
     any way I have it in the garage will give a going over later tonight , my guess something simple  easy fix or possible the 'customer " did  the project  he needed to to then returned it . there basic so should be a easy fix no matter what  .  besides parts alone was worth the 99.00 

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    If the ‘Champion’ you’re referring to is the same company that makes generators, I have nothing but good to say about them.
    Any company that has an employee on call (at home) on weekends to answer/solve customers questions is a rare occurrence in this day and age !!
      I had to go out and look to be sure its a   "simpson " where I got champion just a guess when I posted  :/
    MegaShot MSH3125 -S 3200 PSI at 2.5 GPM HONDA GC190 Cold Water Pressure Washer 
     looks like this 
    https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/bce25bdb-5025-4b84-8a01-2a98122d83ad/svn/simpson-gas-pressure-washers-60551-64_1000.jpg

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    got one earlier this summer, had the same results the second time I tried to use it. It had a cylinder shaped plastic piece in the gas tank that was on the gas line, had a spring and washer in it, it fell apart, I dug it out with tweezers and put it back together but it wouldn't run more than a few seconds, not sure what this piece was, if it was just a pickup/filter or some type of pump, took it back and they gave me another brand as the one I got was the last one of that model, haven't had any issues with the replacement washer.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Aren't pressure washers used to clean stuff...as in work?

Will it blow the paint off a Chevy pickup?

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Got this one at Direct Tools. They sell refurb with a 30 day store warrant and a one year manufacture. Got it for 200.00 and thought it was a good deal. Honda motor. I think they are pretty much cookie cutter in this size.

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭
    hillbille said:
    got one earlier this summer, had the same results the second time I tried to use it. It had a cylinder shaped plastic piece in the gas tank that was on the gas line, had a spring and washer in it, it fell apart, I dug it out with tweezers and put it back together but it wouldn't run more than a few seconds, not sure what this piece was, if it was just a pickup/filter or some type of pump, took it back and they gave me another brand as the one I got was the last one of that model, haven't had any issues with the replacement washer.
    Check valve gas flows one way and can't lose prime.