In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walmart is Begging The Government For another Huge stimulus Package

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
It seems they can't project any profits anymore unless the Feds make some more Debt and had out Free money to all again.
                                    serf
      The $1,200 direct payments and expanded unemployment benefits were what kept the economy from stalling out in the early weeks of the coronavirus pandemic when much of the world was forced to shut down. Millions of Americans are still unemployed and even those who kept their jobs are undoubtedly being extra cautious, as there is still no end in sight to this pandemic. Without another relief package to encourage consumer spending, it’s unlikely that Walmart or any other retailer will continue to bounce back so aggressively in the months to come.

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    they made gobs of money and so did amazon 
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the businesses that are complaining about not making money in my neck of the woods are the same businesses that do not make their customers feel welcome.

Which ones don't make their customers feel welcome? 

Easy.  You can tell by the sign on their doors.  Sometimes I don't even have to walk up to the door.  I can see it from my car.  Often times I don't even have to get out of the car.  I really appreciate the ones that use graphics instead of words.  I can make a decision much faster.

I did have to park a couple of days ago.  I walked up to their door and the sign said to use the side door.  No problem.  I walked around to the side.  That door had "The Sign".  I turned and walked away.  I kind of hoped they saw me walk away . . . and take my money with me.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    The Walmart kids:

Alice Walton, the only female heiress to the Walmart fortune, is the richest woman in the world.

The 70-year-old has a fortune worth $54.4 billion, according to Forbes. She ranks ninth on Forbes' billionaires list, which takes a look at the net worths of the world's richest people.

The three Walmart heirs — Rob Walton, Jim Walton, and Alice Walton — have a combined wealth of more than $163 billion. That's about $87 billion more than the second-richest family in America, the Kochs, according to Forbes data.

Despite the Walton's high status, their personal lives remain largely private. Here's what we know about how the world's richest woman spends her fortune, from collecting expensive art to breeding horses.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I was in Walmart on Wednesday buying shelving. The store in Davenport was crowded, as it usually is, so I don't see any need for bailout money. 
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
      They have to help small Businesses and dump another 2 or 3 trillion in debt to keep American's ready to vote for all the crooked politicians and help them pay their taxes and keep the debt scheme spinning in it's vortex exercise cage until the digital dollar reset is sprung for The NWO. ie slavery.

serf
    • Walmart got a bump in sales in the fiscal second quarter as customers rushed to stores to spend their stimulus checks.
    • The retail giant is now waiting to see if lawmakers approve another round of stimulus checks and help small businesses.
    • “Stimulus was definitely impactful to the consumer in the second quarter, and we’re watching what’s going on in Washington, and how we’re going to progress with a new stimulus package,” Walmart CFO Brett Biggs said. “I think certainly it would be helpful for consumers.”

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    mac10 said:
    they made gobs of money and so did amazon  
    And that is exactly why I shop at neither of them.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Every time I have to go in Walmart, I hate them a little more.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a misleading title for the original post. I read the article and don't see any begging mentioned. I bet all businesses are making projections based on more stimulus. I have stated several times I don't agree with the way the stimulus was handled. Help with unemployment was good but stimulus checks for all was unnecessary. If someone did not have a financial loss, why were they rewarded with a check? 
    I shop at a lot of different businesses and base my shopping on price and convenience. Wal-Mart only a couple of times a year but Amazon about once a month. Recently I needed a part for my mower and no one locally carried it. They could order it and it would take a couple of weeks and cost 50% more than a seller on Amazon. Guess who I ordered it from? Amazon made money, the small business seller made money and I saved money. I try to buy locally but when you try to rip me off as Mac10 stated fugem. Bob
     If they are lobbying then they are begging. Walmart enterprises is a tax dodging, lobbying entity and pay for working there is  not enough to live off and be able to make ends meet.
                                                              serf
            https://qz.com/1701404/walmart-allegedly-created-fictitious-chinese-jv-to-avoid-us-tax/

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon to Congress: Get a stimulus deal done?

BobJudy said:
    Kind of a misleading title for the original post. I read the article and don't see any begging mentioned. I bet all

serf said:
     If they are lobbying then they are begging. Walmart enterprises is a tax dodging, lobbying entity and pay for working there is  not enough to live off and be able to make ends meet.
                                                              serf
            https://qz.com/1701404/walmart-allegedly-created-fictitious-chinese-jv-to-avoid-us-tax/

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon to Congress: Get a stimulus deal done?

BobJudy said:
    Kind of a misleading title for the original post. I read the article and don't see any begging mentioned. I bet all

Is that any different than all of the other businesses out there? This is a link from July but I bet they are currently doing the same thing.
    https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/498972-chamber-of-commerce-expects-next-coronavirus-relief-bill-by-july-4
    Bob
    edited October 2020
     How can we the people bail out everybody in Business when millions are never going to find a good paying job after being laid off? The debt will be over 30 trillion dollars! The government will default and The new digital system of money will be establish, to partially bail out the people's bank accounts with cut backs on all paid in entitlements. Either take it with a cashless society for all or lose it all will be the bait to enslave us all on the New money system.

serf
    serf said:
     How can we the people bail out everybody in Business when millions are never going to find a good paying job after being laid off? The debt will be over 30 trillion dollars! The government will default and The new digital system of money will be establish, to partially bail out the people's bank accounts with cut backs on all paid in entitlements. Either take it with a cashless society for all or lose it all will be the bait to enslave us all on the New money system.

serf
    I agree in part. That is why I said the stimulus should have been restricted to those who actually lost something. The economy was doing good before the shutdown and just compensating those who lost their jobs would have kept things on an even keel and cut down on the government debt. As far as a cashless society, yes it may happen. I believe it will be due more to convenience than anything else. How many people have direct deposit now and never see their cash? Automatic deposit, credit or debit card use, automatic payments and never a physical dollar changing hands. Scary or ominous? Not really, just progress. Bob
    edited October 2020
    Scary or ominous? .It will be a total awareness program put into place for everything when you sell buy or trade.,Rich or poor.The only left to do is instill  the mark on you. Not that's more than scary.it's evil. And the argument for it will be for your safety and security. Which you will have neither with it. Just look at Red China and it's so called Constitution for reference. It's all in the eye of the beholder of the power they sway over you. ie to rule; control; domination.
                                                 serf
     tag, label, distinguish, differentiate, commemorate, stigmatize, stigmatise, brand, denounce, notice, note, scar, pock, pit, score, nock, set, cross off, cross out, strike out, strike off, check, check off, mark off, tick off, tick, grade, punctuate, add, alter, appraise, assess, attach, bespeak, betoken, blemish, celebrate, change, characterise,..

serf said:
    Scary or ominous? .It will be a total awareness program put into place for everything when you sell buy or trade.,Rich or poor.The only left to do is instill  the mark on you. Not that's more than scary.it's evil. And the argument for it will be for your safety and security. Which you will have neither with it. Just look at Red China and it's so called Constitution for reference. It's all in the eye of the beholder of the power they sway over you. ie to rule; control; domination.
                                                 serf
     tag, label, distinguish, differentiate, commemorate, stigmatize, stigmatise, brand, denounce, notice, note, scar, pock, pit, score, nock, set, cross off, cross out, strike out, strike off, check, check off, mark off, tick off, tick, grade, punctuate, add, alter, appraise, assess, attach, bespeak, betoken, blemish, celebrate, change, characterise,..

Do you only use cash? If this worries you so much then using a credit or debit card or even writing a check should be the last thing you do. Those that want information about you are already harvesting it without any problems. My regular grocery store sends me coupons based on my previous purchases. If I search for a product online, magically ads for similar products appear on my homepage. Irritating 3rd party extended warranty providers know exactly what vehicles I have. Somewhere there is undoubtedly a notation that I post on a GUN board! Unless you are a hermit living totally off the grid in a cave to prevent detection they already know everything about you. Personally it doesn't worry me because anybody analyzing my profile probably died of boredom. Bob
      I exercise my right to pay in cash and if the government decides it's not viable anymore then it's a communistic in nature. Do you know what that word even means? It means control for the good of the all. Who decides what is good? The government,the nanny state?
      Let's say you wish to smoke cigarettes and then the government says fine  but no lung cancer treatment for you for instance. Is not that good for the community? What if you over eat and need medical help in counting your calories? Is not that good for you to have them force you to eat less and be under medical care. You really need to take off the horse blinders there. You are following the yellow brick road but have fun meeting the wizard.
                                                            serf

So you have no credit or debit cards? No checking account? You do do have internet and it gathers a lot of information about your habits. Do you have public utilities? A library card? Drivers license? Voter registration? Discount cards from retailers? Magazine subscriptions? Do you belong to any organization? There isn't much they can't extrapolate from any information you may already have out there. Bob
    edited October 2020
    You miss the point,I have all those things but if I wish to choose to have cash as a unsupervised purchase then I feel it's very important to have that right as a free citizen of The USA. I am tired of getting penned in for my safety and security when it comes to my finances. The Federal Reserve has already mess things up enough with fractional banking ponzi schemes. To have them by pass the banks and go straight to the consumer with free stimulus digital  money is ludicrous.

Let the banks all fail and have congress bail out all the accounts up to 250,000 dollars with a limit of 10 accounts with new  hard currency with an intrinsic values like our founders prescribed in The Constitution. 2.5 millon in gold dollars should be enough for the rich. 1250 gold eagles should be enough to start over again for 10 accounts.

serf

edited October 2020
    So you want the government to dictate the price/value of gold? Sounds like we would soon be back to needing the same system we have now to prop up the value of gold. That is if we have any left after paying off all the foreign debt. I have a feeling you and I would be last in line behind all the big bad countries that own a lot of our debt. Unless you inflate the price of gold astronomically the country is far short ( only around 600 billion in reserves ) of what is needed to fulfill our obligations. Bob
    I sure don't want a cashless society knowing every transaction one makes so A.I. can take over the fiat system. It's all been lead up to this madness of giving up freedoms for security. It's takeover with agenda 2030 as a blue print. Food is the greatest source of control for any kind of society.

The masses are already being fed bi-weekly with food distributions. I think the Republic is heading for a dictatorship takeover and possible  a war with China. After all in the end it's might that makes right in the law of the jungle.

serf
  • JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Dunkin' Donuts is "begging" too. ;)

America badly needs more stimulus, former longtime Dunkin' Donuts CEO says

It’s time to make the stimulus deal, according to a former Dunkin’ Donuts (DNKN) CEO.

Former long-time CEO Robert Rosenberg has seen a few business cycles in his day, so he knows how important it is to Corporate America and smaller businesses on Main Street that a new COVID-19 stimulus deal gets done very soon.

“If I could, I would call Nancy Pelosi myself,” Rosenberg told The First Trade (video above). “Basically we need it, and it’s going to be essential as there is going to be a lot of pain as a result of the pandemic.”