In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ken speaking of Thai

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
last time at the commissary i bought some Thai sardines.  they were labeled smoked  and in hot oil.  when i opened them they had what looked like a carrot slice and some unidentifiable green leaves on top of three large fish.  and on the bottom was a whole thai pepper.  they tasted as advertised, quite good actually.  La Sirena brand if interested.

Comments

• WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    One of the few things I miss about living out here is the ability to go on base and shop.  
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I appreciate it varian. Our rural area grocery stores do not carry too much (any) out of the ordinary fare. No Commisary's any where near me.

Used to go to a KILLER Thai spot when visiting my Brother, when they lived in Richmond. Elephant Thai, if any are in that area. Highly recommend.

Love Thai food.

Years ago, used to work down by Monsoon's in Butler. Could hit them on the way home. Now it is about 20mi. ea. direction.

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    Elephant Thai.  Next to the Movie theater in Short Pump.  
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
    You're all correct. There isn't much cultural diversity, re: food, when you're out of a metropolitan area. 
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    Here in my small town area we have a great diversity of international quisine!   Little Caesars rep's Italia, along with a Spagetti  & bread stick place.  BK & Mick'D's both represent France with their fry's.  Fong Lee's covers all the orient claiming China, Thai, Korea, and pretty sure they have some Mongol stuff on the menu too!