In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

m1 carbine

does anyone know if they make a clamp on bayonet lug for the carbine if so please tell me where i can get one . too lazy to take off front sight . or the one with the band for the stock i see 3 , looks like screws , are they ? if not can those be drilled out and screws put in 

Comments

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
    Take it to a gunsmith.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    No, they do not make a clamp on bayonet lug for the carbine.
    A barrel band is held on the stock by a single screw.  On most carbines, that screw is staked so that the screw can be loosened, but not easily removed. 
    You lost me with the thing that has 3 screws that aren't screws.  You may be looking at rivets on the bayonet lug, which cannot be removed without destroying the lug.
    The front sight should only be removed/replaced by a gunsmith.  The front sight key usually needs to be replaced because it is made of soft metal, & you don't have a few spare sight keys or the tools required.
    Neal