In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rash of non-paying bidders. Is this sight being attacked by anti -gunners?

Buck EBuck E Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
Seems like a real problem lately with folks who don’t seem to e serious about their purchases. Should GB throw these folks off if their first purchase ends in a non-paying report?

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the most likely scenario is as follows. First time bidders bid item way higher than it should be. High bidder calls his buddy and brags about his purchase. Buddy tells him he paid WAY TOO MUCH and askes if payment has been made. NO?? Well then just forget about it. They can't make you pay. 
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it may be one of two things, as you mentioned, possible attacks by the anti's or ex libs in a panic, not being able to purchase anything at their bare shelves local gun store.  They bid on GB, thinking this is so simple and easy, just like they have been led to believe by the commie press, then find out it isn't simple and easy.   They then have buyers remorse when they find out their purchase won't be shipped to their door on an overnight delivery.  That and they suddenly realize they have over paid for their purchase and what do they care if they get an F for feed back, they will never try and buy here again.  

My opinion is the bulk of the problem is the second thing, lib/commie stupidity.   If these were deliberate attacks I think they would be far more organized with way more GB site disruption.  But what do I know???
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have had the idiots win an auction and then said ship it to my address "here." OK, but where is the FFL? THEY, YOU DON'T NEED ONE, I BOUGHT IT OFF THE INTERNENT." So true. Then others just don't do anything as above. Can't imagine what real sellers go through here. :'(
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think its a ploy or giant scheme, just people unfamiliar with how things work and getting caught up in the bidding.   I had a guy last night that won a Marlin that said "since this is used and I'm in Mississippi with a permit you can send it directly to me".    He learned it was actually not going to work that way.    Covid has a lot of people stuck at home, gun shows shut down, panic buying at its max.   It will all sort out and get back to normal before long. 
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Just ignorance..New buyers dreaming of buying. Had two in the last month. No biggie
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    My original thought was that GB screened them well enough to prevent any
    MOST shenanigans, based on the number of you who have had this issue I'm now more inclined to believe it is the left attacking.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep a close eye on who is bidding on my stuff and their rating. If it's bad I block them so they can not place another bid.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Mogley; I now believe that this is an attack by the leftists.  They just want to irritate those citizens with the audacity to own their own guns.  Yes, GB does require each bidder to register & pay a couple of dollars for a credit card transaction, but that doesn't discourage these people.  It takes a lot of time to set up a phony charge card, so I think it's done by some service company; you can't find volunteers willing to learn the con & do the work without pay.  The money won't bother rich leftists like Bloomberg or Soros.
    It's kind of like trying to teach a cat how to sing:  it's a waste of your time, & it annoys the cat.  Meow!
    Neal
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    Agree on the NPBs and just as worrisome is the number of firearms and ammo being listed with PayPal listed as a payment method and many are PP only. 
    Dont like to kick sleeping dogs, but the PP issue is going to have to be addressed.   
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    The sheeple have been lead to believe all the BS sold by ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, TWITTER, FACEPLANT CNN, MSNBC and an untold plethora of other sources that buying a gun is no different than walking into Walmart to buy a TV, or ordering what you want off of Amazon or E-barf. 
    These sadly ignorant fellow citizens, most well meaning (D voters) and legal to own a firearm, are utterly clueless of the 40,000 plus gun laws on the books and FEDERAL restrictions upon the Second Amendment.  It is past time, and too late, for them to learn that Government restrictions on a right is not limited by the good intentions of those restrictions.
    Then you have the nutcases, they breed like rats, raise morons and those morons vote!!!!!!