In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Getting ready to make a trip up north.....any of you between Alabama and Wisconsin want in on this?

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
I'm getting the details planned out so it benefits two people to come pick up collections, so the price is affordable for everyone involved.    Its looking like mid November I will be taking a trip up and pulling a trailer.    It will involve at least three overnight stops to get this done without totally pushing it.    As of now it will be less than $5 per gun coming out of the end of the sales for travel expenses.....so this is a LOT cheaper than shipping things to us.      

We also have a trip to New Jersey sometime in the near future whenever this covid ordeal is under control.      I don't normally post my travel plans, but this one is far enough that it might be worth putting it out there for you guys who are in the path and want us to pick up your items.    

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭
    Trailer load of guns through Chicago! You are my idol.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Tentative Route(s)?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,653 ******
    Not to speak out of school, but probably I-81 to New Jersey.
  • Options
    Everything is up in the air right now, but we should have routes for the interested people when the dates are set.   Right now if you just google Birmingham to Oshkosh you’ll get an idea of what we’re working with.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭✭
    Send me a PM prior to your NJ trip. I'm along 81 in Va. & will call friends in NJ for you... AL
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭
    We're  1/2 up, on your northern trip on I-65 near  Park city Ky if you need a lay over.
    Dave
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SNOW
    That has me so nervous....and excited at the same time.    I don't see snow where I am (except for that freaky storm in 93.) 
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    n. Wis. here, Oshkosh is about 100 miles...........but I can travel too. depends on the dates
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Im not far from Oshkosh and its snowing here tonight!

• Options
    Stuck in a blizzard with a whole bunch of guns would scare me. But  then so would securing them at night while I was in a hotel room. I didn't see any way of making that trip without unloading everything every night. What to do in case of an accident if the car was disabled. It was going to be a lot to worry about and that was a month ago when the weather wasn't a concern. Good luck girl. 
  • Options
    likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭
    Depending on your route you may be within a few miles from me. let me know
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    If you find yourself near Missouri, I have a rifle, I'd like you to list.
    .351 Winchester SL used by a Tulsa, OK Deputy who was on a couple stake outs for Pretty Boy Floyd. He also would up with the Bonnie and Clyde guns that his family sold of for some big dollars a few years back.
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I run Chicago all the time ,  with the construction going on in Chicago i would strongly suggest going thru middle of the night , midnight to 3am is pretty good,  no stopping to pay tolls right now they have to be paid on line or you need to have a I-pass.  down town ( I 90/94) is terrible , also there is construction going west  on I 90/94) and up I 94 after the split , if you decide to come across I80 up I 294 the northern 1/3 of I 294 has construction on it
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Please be sure and post when you go to NJ, if you go N. on 81. I can meet you where TN almost meets VA. (Glade Springs) and hand off a few, or more. (Or) I could catch you on your way back SW. Need to thin down the herd and sell a few.

Thanks,

-Ken-

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Not me but what a great opportunity and a smart idea.  You mentioned you don't normally post travel plans which is also smart but I can see this being a big plus for GBers and You.                          
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    drobs said:
    .351 Winchester SL used by a Tulsa, OK Deputy who was on a couple stake outs for Pretty Boy Floyd. He also would up with the Bonnie and Clyde guns that his family sold of for some big dollars a few years back.
    I go to Memphis to meet a few different people from Missouri at the Bass Pro Pyramid very regularly.    I'm actually going again very soon.    I've had an Al Capone .25acp.....a registered magnum that belonged to Tom Selleck....several Texas Ranger guns and I'd LOVE to add something with Bonnie and Clyde connections to my history of sales!  
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    I'm an hour and a half south of Oshkosh and you have to drive within a mile of my house to get there. How ever mid November or the weekend before Thanksgiving is deer hunting here.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like maybe you will end up needing a semi to haul all the stuff. 

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing that Bushnell Fl would be out of your way to stop and pick some up?

• Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the details planned out so it benefits two people to come pick up collections, so the price is affordable for everyone involved.    Its looking like mid November I will be taking a trip up and pulling a trailer.    It will involve at least three overnight stops to get this done without totally pushing it.    As of now it will be less than $5 per gun coming out of the end of the sales for travel expenses.....so this is a LOT cheaper than shipping things to us.      

We also have a trip to New Jersey sometime in the near future whenever this covid ordeal is under control.      I don't normally post my travel plans, but this one is far enough that it might be worth putting it out there for you guys who are in the path and want us to pick up your items.    

At $5 a gun, that's a lot of guns you're picking up, even with three cheap hotels and fuel.  But hey, you know your business and I don't know Shinola and am from Detroit!
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    ... what Lake are we meeting at in the way home ??? 
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    Well them Alabama drivers are expert snow drivers don't ya know. 😁😁😁💖💖
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    On your way to New Jersey if you are passing thru Maryland let me know. I'd love to meet you in person and possibly share a meal.
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    Ditto on Mark G's comment. Chris
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK : 
    Check out S.E. TN !!!!!
    Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    Might be out of your way a little but I have a Silver Box Jennings that is in the box! and a Davis that is flat out awesome.
  • Options
    Might be out of your way a little but I have a Silver Box Jennings that is in the box! and a Davis that is flat out awesome.
    I got the call to run up to a local store to buy some guns the other day......I was amazed when I found they called me to come buy a "new in box" Jiminez.     Yeah, if it weren't for the fact that I was also going out to get lunch for everyone I would have been talking to him.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    drobs said:
    I go to Memphis to meet a few different people from Missouri at the Bass Pro Pyramid very regularly.    I'm actually going again very soon.    I've had an Al Capone .25acp.....a registered magnum that belonged to Tom Selleck....several Texas Ranger guns and I'd LOVE to add something with Bonnie and Clyde connections to my history of sales!  

I need to clean it up a little and find a correct butplate. Will also do some more research on the owner. Then I'll be in touch and can ship it to you. I think it ought to be worth something.
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    Kasey, next time you are going to be in the Memphis area, give me a shout.  I would love to do a meet and greet with a fellow GB'er.  Also, I believe you would do me justice on selling the IR scope.  Lunch/dinner my treat.  I'm not that far from Memphis as the crow flies.
  • Options
    susie said:
    Kasey, next time you are going to be in the Memphis area, give me a shout.  I would love to do a meet and greet with a fellow GB'er.  Also, I believe you would do me justice on selling the IR scope.  Lunch/dinner my treat.  I'm not that far from Memphis as the crow flies.
    I'd love to meet up.    I've got two people that I have tentative plans to get with.   I will reach out to them and see if I can get a time set up.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Have a safe trip LF!
    RLTW

• Options
    Thank you guys!     Its looking like our dates are moving to the first week of December.    There are a couple events on our side of things and Thanksgiving making the mid-November dates hard to navigate, so if you guys in the path from Alabama to Wisconsin are parting with things we'd love to make things as easy as possible for you while we are in your area.