In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why Won't GunBroker Respond to Messages?

LJHCPALJHCPA Member Posts: 3
I had a sale fall through because the buyer's FFL refused to send me a copy of his FFL, so I had to cancel the sale. I've tried to relist the gun but the site's software will not allow me to complete the process because it keeps prompting for additional information to be entered, but it will not accept anything I select from the drop down list for that specified field. I've messaged GunBroker over 5 times about this and all they do is send links to automated responses that do not solve the problem. I've asked multiple times for a human being to respond to me but they won't do it. It's been almost 3 weeks and despite several follow-up messages they will not get back to me. I was charged their commission for the failed sale, but cannot generate a request for a refund because their stupid software says the gun has to be relisted before a refund request can be made, but it can't be relisted because their stupid software won't allow the process to be completed.  How can  fix this?  Is there an alternate method of contact? I can't find a phone # anywhere. Do they have a support phone #?

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    Tsk Tsk tsk. I suspect your trouble is not being able to follow directions.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    BS. The instructions do not work. If a software prompts for a selection from a drop-down list, but will not accept ANY choice provided, it is not a user error.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    #1 There is no contact phone # for GB, nor is there any connection/support between these forums, and GunBroker auctions.

#2 In your auction description/sale terms did you state that you need a copy of the receiving dealer's FFL? I don't think there's any law that says he has to do that, but I could be all wrong on that. If you did not state that, and no law requires the dealer to provide a copy, and it was you who canceled the sale, it's all in your court.

#3 As far as opening a support issue, sales are crazy right now on the auction and support has their hands full. Every time you try to re-contact them, your request is moved to the bottom of the stack, so you have to start over.

#4 Patience is a virtue.
  • Options
    Well, I can eat some crow here, as I just tried (for the 6th time) to relist the gun for sale and this time it worked! They may have read my earlier requests and fixed the problem I was having. I noted however, that this time the relisting process started at a different screen and and seemed to follow the original listing process more closely.
    Regarding me canceling the sale...I choose to use my local FFL to ship my guns because he can ship via USPS and I cannot because I'm not an FFL. I could pay $120 to UPS to ship a small handgun box, but why do that when I can have it sent via USPS for less than a third of that. He requires me to get a copy of the buyer's FFL. I've never had any other buyer's FFL refuse to send a copy of their license--and I've sold more than six guns on this site. BTW, anyone can claim they are licensed and even give a bogus license #, but that doesn't make them a valid FFL. You can bet if I tried to ship a gun directly to a non FFL buyer the ATF would be knocking on my door in a NY minute. GunBroker's site prominently lists the requirement to provide an FFL, so I don't think I'm required to make a separate statement to that effect.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    If GB rules state that the receiving FFL must provide a copy of an FFL, then you are in the clear. Lots of FFls like to make their own rules it seems. BTW if that receiving FFL is on GB's list of transfer dealers, be sure and let GB HQ know, and they'll tramp him if he's out of bounds.
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, and welcome to the forums

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken all FFLs will require a copy of the receivers license, some may have it on file but FFL to FFL transfers I believe will always have a copy requirement. As an individual if you are shipping to a FFL they generally will not share a copy with the general public and you wouldn't necessarily need it I believe.

Otherwise glad you got the issue resolved

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.