In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

First 3D Printed Supercar

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Discover the new way to manufacturing in the 21st century.It's startling to see how much detail can be made with so little time and effort, You can see why  common manpower is a thing of the past.
                                            serf
    Conventional cars are wasteful in the way they're built and the way they're operated. A startup called Divergent Microfactories has developed a radical new way to build cars in distributed factories with ultra-lightweight construction.

Comments

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    Just ran across one of these for sale.  All electric, heat and A/C, bluetooth radio, backup camera, headlights/ taillights, street legal with no plates and no license 35 mile range it is classed as a (wait for it)  MOBILITY SCOOTER.  
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys buy and drive those............I will sit back and watch.
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    If I got the red one, I could go cruise Walmart.  On the inside.  Replace all the cars with those, you could end drive-by shootings.  Recoil would knock that sucker over!
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
       All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)
  • notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭
    The red one, since it has A/C, all it needs is wider tires and it becomes a golf cart.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    Italy, with lots of very old and narrow streets has lots of enclosed 1 and 2 seater scooters.  They are highly practical on narrow streets and require little parking space.  Since I live here, I am sticking to my Tundra.
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    chme posted;
    If I got the red one, I could go cruise Walmart.

Make the checkout wider, add some air filters, one way aisles, and justify it for COVID and a whole new Wally world will open. :)

• TcattTcatt Member Posts: 342 ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Oak Ridge National Labs, (Manhattan Project WWII), did pioneering work on large scale 3-D printing technology.
    My son interned on the project while he was in engineering school.
    Using a large scale printer developed on site, they produced a Shelby Cobra Clone for the Detroit Auto Show.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    There are also firms 3 D printing homes!!!!!!
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited October 2020
    Additive manufacturing is a highly useful technology that, while revolutionary in many ways, is not necessarily the best means of manufacture for the majority of parts.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain