In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I must have missed something please explain

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
Not trying to stir a pot, just surprised to notice it.  What did Mrmike do that got him banned.  I don't understand the issues with fraudulent postings.  If it is not against the rules could someone explain the transgressions that resulted in a permanent ban for him?

Comments

• Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    He contributed a lot of good stuff. I enjoyed his posts. 
    We all make mistakes and the whole country is on edge.
    Give the man a break IMHO

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭
    MrMike permanently banned?   I missed that.  I enjoyed his posts.

I recommend mercy, give him a 30 day break and let him back on.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I believe he posted about refinishing a gun and posted a bunch of pictures of "his" work that turned out to be false. I'm sure their may have been more to it but in effect I think it put his sincerity and honesty in question.

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    mogley98 said:
    I believe he posted about refinishing a gun and posted a bunch of pictures of "his" work that turned out to be false. I'm sure their may have been more to it but in effect I think it put his sincerity and honesty in question.

I sort of miss him but that posting calls Into question the veracity of his other postings. If he indeed does have the health struggles that he posted about it might explain his occasional flights of fantasy. Whatever caused it, I wish him well. Bob
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok ok so here’s what I know... mmm got banned about 7 years ago... I took it on and asked Capt Fun for a break. He was granted a pardon... then fast forward to about 2 months ago. I heard from a mod he posted some photos of a gun that had photos from some other source   The facts were that he stated it was his and somehow it was not. 

That was was the last straw. 

Hinestly i I think he’s a good guy and should be given the benefit but no lying.  And really honestly I stopped opening the Posts so I didn’t see the infracting. I just stayed at a holiday inn ...

he inspired many many of us with a simple will to survive. Social skills aside he is human just like the rest of us. 
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed his post and his knowledge. Unless he murdered someone, I think that a permanent ban is excessive.
    I also recommend mercy.
    Is the questionable post still available to read or is it poofed?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭
    bullshot said:
    I really enjoyed his post and his knowledge. Unless he murdered someone, I think that a permanent ban is excessive.
    I also recommend mercy.
    Is the questionable post still available to read or is it poofed?
    I believe Mike deleted all of his comments in his posting before he was banned, not knowing that the Mods still can read what was originally posted. That was also a sign of dishonesty by trying to cover up his transgression. Life is a learning experience and I hope he is doing well. Bob
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I liked Mike. I admired his tenacity and volunteering his time to the Peds Oncology unit, even though he was hurting. This place was kind of social therapy for him. I understood that.

Made me want to be a better person. Still does.

I would also like to see him back.

*I hated to see him go out like that. I understood that something had to be done, (but) I felt a lifetime ban was on the harsh side. (Obviously not my decision.) The Mods do a very good job here. IMHO.

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭
    A Spartacus moment. Don
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Mike was a knowledgeable guy and did contribute..........his texts got very esoteric. At the same time....I always detected a level of BS (let's call it exaggerated claims) in some of his posts. Still miss him though.
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭

You can read the thread and form your own opinion. Educated, thoughtful replies take time and effort - a gift from other forum members. Lies and deceit cheapen this site and - IMO - should not be tolerated.

https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/1894617/custom-sporter-mauser-rifle-project-finally-finished-your-feedback-would-be-appreciated#latest

This discussion has been closed.