In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Has anyone heard from Smitty?

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,637 ******

Comments

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Have not,  I have been keeping him and June in Prayer. Hopefully she is doing better and perhaps he is getting to spend some time with her.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Same here mogley. I've been wondering about the two of them.

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    He just responded, he is hanging in there trying to get everything in order to bring June home. He appreciates all the prayers and well wishes.  Lets all keep praying for them its going to be tough for him to be the care giver it takes a huge toll on a person battling alongside a loved one.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,637 ******
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

We're still here at home. I don't have much time to do much of anything except take care of June around the clock. We've been going to radiation treatments and other doctor appointments just about everyday except on weekends. June and I are still having a very hard time dealing with it all. The pain continues to be terrible and it's really messing with her nerves. She's been having some panic attacks due to the drugs but overall she's been brave considering having cancer in her lungs and spine along with the blood clots in her lungs and legs plus the 2 strokes she had in the ICU due to the blood clots after her neck surgery.

It might have been a little different had we had some kind of warning. I took her to the emergency room when all this started because of the pain from what we thought was due to the shoulder replacement surgery she had in August. When the doctor came back after a CT scan and said the pain was from cancer and not arthritis we were floored. It was like a truck had hit us both. Nothing has been the same since and it appears it's only going to get worse.

We still appreciate all the well wishes and prayers.

You all go hug your loved ones. You just don't know how much you love them until something like this hits you.

Thanks again,

Greg & June

One other thing you might want to think about.

I meant to mention to you guys. If your wife is taking care of all your banking and bills etc. you might want to have her show you how she's doing it and keep all the addresses and passwords you will need if something happens to her or viscera if you are taking care of everything you need to do the same for your wife.

Luckily June had the foresight to write down all of her user names and passwords for me in a book for all the websites she makes payments on line for such as the power company, gas company, water department, checking and savings accounts at the bank etc. including her e-mail password. If she hadn't it would have been a real challenge to pay these bills because due to the drugs she's taking she is having a hard time remembering things and we'd be sitting in the dark with no water by now.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭

You all go hug your loved ones. You just don't know how much you love them until something like this hits you.

Spot on Greg, the same thing happened to me last year. It changed the dynamics of our relationship for the better.

I wish there was something I could say that would make a difference, but the only thing I can think of, is to don't let yourself get run down over all this. That would only make things worse.

Joe