In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Happy 10-22 Day

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******

Comments

• Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    I like the ones that are dressed up like an M1 carbine. Beautiful stock on that 4th photo, is that factory or aftermarket?

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    Happy 10-22 Day back to you, Chief.
    Over the past 40 or so years, I've probably sold thousands of 10-22s, but this takedown is the only one I've ever owned.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    I had a friend who started collecting 10/22’s back in the eighties. He finally gave up. Ruger was coming out with different models faster than he could buy them. He had at least 30 different ones when I last saw him, several years ago.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I own a Ruger .44mag Carbine. Does that count?

When i was at the gun shop picking it up, a couple guys commented on my nice 10/22. 😩

I showed them the end of the barrel. (No, not directly at them.)

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    O.K. I am ready to be chastised severely. I sold a ton of 10/22s over the years but to be honest I never cared for them. Stock didn't fit me, triggers were horrible, don't care for barrel bands and so on. I have said before on here that I am kind of a 22 rifle fanatic and have more than a few, from Savage to Kimber with a bunch in between. When I got a standard10/22 from a friends estate I tried to like it, I really did, but it just wasn't happening. I replaced darn near everything but the shell of the action and now have a rifle that fits me and shoots darn near as good as some that are worth several times more. So I will salute the 10/22, not for what they are but for what they can be. Bob
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

This one is obviously the most dangerous!

• Options
    badchris said:
    I like the ones that are dressed up like an M1 carbine. Beautiful stock on that 4th photo, is that factory or aftermarket?

Not really sure. I traded for the stock.  
    I think it was a special for K-Mart but not even 50% sure on that. 
    I thought it'd look good on with the stainless barrel and cleaned receiver. 
    I really like the M1 looking ones also but I do not have one. 
    I remember that a member here did one up like it tho. 
  • Options
    While I like my newest one, I really like my pre-warning ones. 
    A 68 and a 69. 
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    badchris said:

Not really sure. I traded for the stock.  
    I think it was a special for K-Mart but not even 50% sure on that. 
    I thought it'd look good on with the stainless barrel and cleaned receiver. 
    I really like the M1 looking ones also but I do not have one. 
    I remember that a member here did one up like it tho. 

Well, I sure like it!! It blends well with the SS.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    I like them old and stock. Was given a new one back in '91....should have kept it. I was lucky enough to pick up an older one (I think mid 80's) for under $200 at a pawn shop a few years ago........it's a great one. 
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    I put this one together a few years ago.....Upgraded trigger, Burris dot sight and Butler Creek folding stock.....I have picked off a few yotes in my yard with it..