In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pretty cool rifle starting tonight-- Guess the price contest added

2»

Comments

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

This rifle is as new as Remington shipped it to distributors. Not sure why @nononsense insists on inferring anything otherwise.

These things got alot of press when Remington did this. There really is nothing to debate.

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    In the first place, I didn't instigate this particular disagreement. 'shootuadeal' misunderstood what I posted and objected because he jumped to the conclusion that I was attacking both him and his ad. Let me make this clear once more: I was NOT attacking him or the ad, period. I was simply (read that word again, simply) adding some current information regarding the M24 model. This included a price for reference. This is a very easy concept to understand especially since I've explained at least twice. If for some reason you still disagree, so be it. I've tried to help you get it correctly.

I'm glad you offer such a definitive opinion on what is actually, as stated, a used stock. There is no question about this as Remington states it. When used parts are integrated into an otherwise new assembly of parts, the assembly is advertised as new because it is a new version even when using old parts. There is nothing here to argue about. The stock is used, there is no other way to describe it. But in the corporate structure of assigning stock and part numbers to an assembly, the paperwork notes it as being 'new' because it didn't exist prior to this assembly. It's a bookkeeping concept because their system doesn't allow for the use of the term 'used'.

I'm closing this thread since there is no way I'm aware of to save it for 'shootuadeal'.

Please feel free to start a new thread and use it for the 'contest' as you intended. There will be no more comments to distract the posting members, so do not make any.

Best.

This discussion has been closed.