In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Are you listening Texas, Oklahoma , Penns.

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
Biden just said he wanted to get rid of the oil industry at the debate. 

Comments

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Oops!
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    Only Fusion reactors can change the paradigm enough to set off hydrocarbons from electricity making. Ten years or more so Old Joe Biden is just trying to get elected without telling you the big squeeze in the bottleneck that is coming.
                                serf

Construction of a reactor, called Sparc, which is being developed by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a spinoff company, Commonwealth Fusion Systems, is expected to begin next spring and take three or four years, the researchers and company officials said.

Although many significant challenges remain, the company said construction would be followed by testing and, if successful, building of a power plant that could use fusion energy to generate electricity, beginning in the next decade.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭
    Pipe Dream
    Everything is, at first.  
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    no windmills in bidens backyard
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    serf said:
    Only Fusion reactors can change the paradigm enough to set off hydrocarbons from electricity making. Ten years or more so Old Joe Biden is just trying to get elected without telling you the big squeeze in the bottleneck that is coming.
                                serf

Construction of a reactor, called Sparc, which is being developed by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a spinoff company, Commonwealth Fusion Systems, is expected to begin next spring and take three or four years, the researchers and company officials said.

Although many significant challenges remain, the company said construction would be followed by testing and, if successful, building of a power plant that could use fusion energy to generate electricity, beginning in the next decade.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Fusion has been the holy grail of energy production for decades. So far no system has been able to produce more energy than it has taken to sustain fusion. Put in a megawatt of power and get a half a megawatt generated. The article sounds optimistic but I hope it Is not just a hollow promise. I remember the hoopla over cold fusion that turned out to be nothing but a hoax. If I was cynical, I would think they are just trying to generate research grants instead of electricity. Bob