In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Feds must be coming out of hiding

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Politics
I pay quarterly taxes and Uncle Sam JUST cashed my June check for 2nd quarter. I now paid double since I went on line created a account and paid them to avoid any issues that might have arisen from a late payment.

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    mogley98 said:
    I pay quarterly taxes and Uncle Sam JUST cashed my June check for 2nd quarter. I now paid double since I went on line created a account and paid them to avoid any issues that might have arisen from a late payment.

And you think they don't know what they are doing.  Just wait to see how long it takes you to get your double payment refunded.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    The Draft Dodger has a freeze on most federal hiring.  That includes the tax collectors, whose work actually brings in money for the federal government.  Within the next week or two, you will see new Executive Orders that make it easier to fire federal employees.  That's really going to motivate federal employees.
    Neal
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    nmyers said:
    The Draft Dodger has a freeze on most federal hiring.  That includes the tax collectors, whose work actually brings in money for the federal government.  Within the next week or two, you will see new Executive Orders that make it easier to fire federal employees.  That's really going to motivate federal employees.
    Neal

I sure hope so, the number of incompetent federal so-called workers is staggering.  Once they get in getting rid of the chaff is almost impossible.

• Options
    nmyers said:
    Neal
    It certainly will motivate tax payers.
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the donation
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    My wife has a “ Facebook friend “ who works for the federal government. She has posted “ I can’t believe they pay me this much for the little bit of work that I do.”
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    mogley98 said:

June? June? You must have connections or they really needed the money. I am still waiting on a small, couple hundred dollar, refund from March. Bet they aren't going to pay me any interest. Bob
  • Options
    BobJudy said:
    mogley98 said:

June? June? You must have connections or they really needed the money. I am still waiting on a small, couple hundred dollar, refund from March. Bet they aren't going to pay me any interest. Bob
    Don't forget to add any additional penalties you want to charge them.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,385 ******
    Our local VA clinic sure has been hiding out for the last 8 months!  The states DMV or what we call The Secretary of State offices have been under their desks with doors locked as well.  Nothing but service by appointment and if you can get anything done via internet, phone, or mail you won't be seeing anybody in the flesh!  

The area police are letting expired license plates, boat registration stickers, and more just slide by.  I kind of wish that would always be the case!