In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need a good paying manufacturing job ? Forget it.

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Politics
 Yes basic universal income with digital dollars will be the new normal for people who cannot adapt or conform to new  job opportunities. You can take up finger painting or becomes a sport's fan instead.
      Now this story is just for manufacturing,not all the other jobs that automation with A.I. will eliminate. Looks like the top 1% will get all the savings with a few more taxes for bread and circuses.
                                                  serf
       The rise of the robots will boost productivity and economic growth. And it will lead to the creation of new jobs in yet-to-exist industries. But existing business models in many sectors will be seriously disrupted and millions of existing jobs will be lost. We estimate up to 20 million manufacturing jobs are set to be lost to robots by 2030.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

20 million worldwide, with 14 million in China, leaves a loss of 6 million for the rest of the world. Seems to not be a big problem for the US.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    long before that china will be #1 in the world and/or still be sucking all the money up......and we will still be trying to figure out what biden is talking about
  • Options
    Only that digital dollars will destroy your savings or pensions with inflation and yes The USA gave away all it's manufacturing jobs with  the NAFTA lies where you buy a Ford truck for 70,000 thousand dollars that made in Mexico with cheap labor.Looks like the oil patch people are not going to be buying them much longer however.
                      You also forgot about store checkers,bank tellers,long haul truck drivers & all the mall sale people etc... the list is endless and of course we need to house,feed , give free education for all refugees or illegals that will get free citizenship so they can get free money too.

It's a bottleneck chaos for climate change and Congress and other politicians have no answers or clues other then raise taxes and add more inflation with digital dollars and open the borders. It's disaster and it's unfolding right now and nobody has a clue other then chaos is coming for us all. Cov-19 is just the icing on the cake for the coming NWO.
                                                                     serf
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me Deep, dark depression, excessive misery If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew
  • Options
     You ain't seen nothing yet,the storm is right around the corner starting in late November and In early February when The Democrats takeover if they win the election.  Enjoy the calm before the storm and grab some of that corn Liquor you posted.
        Live in that bubble before it breaks and eat,drink and be merry! Christmas is just around the corner. Don't you know.Damn the torpedo's full speed ahead!
                                                                serf
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Had a "good paying Manufacturing job." They wiped people out like mad. Out of 21 people I started with back in 2014, it was me and one other guy still there, when I was walked out Nov. 2019.

5 1/2 years was a good run. Glad to be gone. No matter how fast you were working, it was not fast enough. No matter how much work you were getting done, it was not enough. Very fast paced production line for Semi Truck Trailers. (10,500 in one year.)

Safety issues? A Joke, until they wanted to use one to fire you. (Me.) Had complained about the particular issue to "Safety" repeatedly before getting let go. Their response - "We Know."

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,375 ******
    I find it very hard to figure out that if there are no good paying jobs around, who will be buying all of this AI made stuff??
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    One thing good about robots is they dont concoct some kind of frivolous lawsuit against their employers.  
    Employers dont have to provide government mandated healthcare for robots and they dont have to be paid for government mandated FMLA.
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭

Robots also don’t make themselves, program themselves, or fix themselves when they break down.

Those can be some sweet paying gigs.

• Options
    diver-rig said:

Robots also don’t make themselves, program themselves, or fix themselves when they break down.

Those can be some sweet paying gigs.

If they have a flash backup then the software can flashed back in any storage area that malfunctions and I suspect All you will need is a part changer . The right to work on equipment will be heard soon enough in State legislators. Big factories will be in house repairs mostly with no  Independent contractors charging 500.00 an hour for trouble shooting.

serf