In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am starting to doubt if the police deserve support in the shooting of Jacob Blake.

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Politics
Except that there is no reason to burn your city down.  

It's because there was probably a lengthy history between Blake and his girlfriend, so the police should have suspected swatting.  

In fact, maybe they had it well figured out that she was swatting Blake but, God forbid, perhaps decided to take out an expensive menace by playing along. 

I'm guessing the girlfriend kept the police on speed dial for every time Blake got violent, which I presume he did based on the disgusting details of his May 5 arrest warrant, but she wouldn't really risk losing her man by filing charges, until he went too far.  It is said sometimes people use the police for social work.

How hard is it for them to figure out who drives what vehicle from their police cruiser?  

I'm referring of course to the fact that the girlfriend said Blake was stealing her gray SUV, which was actually his, so when he fought them and tried to drive away, they could say they thought he was kidnapping the three kids in the SUV, which turned out to be his. 

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the facts and am not going to spend the time looking, if they are in fact available. What I do know is if you choose to fight cops you will almost always loose, it is just a bad choice. To fight cops when you have three kids in the car is  a really bad choice. To reach for a knife when you are fighting cops armed with guns is just stupid and will most likely get you shot. Deservedly so in my opinion.
    Spot on Ricci
    Where is the information coming from on the shooting: Its coming from corrupt media.

The same media that repeatedly has failed to gather facts and proven wrong after just about every police shooting. This is the same media that has supported and defended the rioters and protesters despite looting and property destruction. The same media that has described such behavior as "Peaceful Protests". The same media that places the blame on President Trump for just about every malady, disaster, and tragedy that happens not only in USA but abroad.

I would rather wait for the results of an internal, state, or federal investigation or a grand jury before making any rash conclusions.

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

If someone comes at you with a knife and refuses to cease and desist...

My training says,

1. COM (center-of-mass),

2. pull the trigger,

3. repeat until the threat is eliminated.

If the officers have evidence (body cams/witnesses, etc) I don't need to spend much time thinking about it.

If the girlfriend set him up, she needs to be charged.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Cerias65Cerias65 Member Posts: 1
    From what I heard from the audio of the video...Blake was yelling get me my gun...at least 3x...does that count for anything as he resists and moves to open the car door...I presume his girlfriends vehicle...which would then be a stolen car with the kids in the car and then reaches for his knife...which he wishes was his GUN. Meanwhile he had a record and I believe was called by his girlfriend to be arrested. Case close...what's a poor Cop to do...take a knee?