In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45 ACP

combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
Ok, let me know FNX-45,  Glock 21,  Walther PPQ 45, Thoughts hammer vs striker fired.

Comments

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭
    I traded my 21 for a FNX which fits me a lot better
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Don’t overlook the Sig 1911 line up.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,689 ******
    I have shot my BIL’s Glock 21. I liked it. The FN pistols fit my hand well. The Walther, I have no experience.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭

Hammer for me.

Tried an XD 45, and was just not comfortable with it.

it became a give-away here on GB. That was around 12 years ago and haven’t touched a striker since. Currently carry a Kimberly Pro-Carry and my house pistol is an FNX-45. Feel much better with the deckocker safety.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I like my Glock 30SF.  I also like my 1911's...............but if I was going to a gun fight I think I would take my H&K USP 45.  Great gun, very accurate with a good trigger and it hold 13 rounds.  OK its big but I have large hands ;)
    RLTW

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,348 ******
    Another vote for the Glock 30.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    For me, I prefer hammer fired. My carry gun is a Colt Defender and I've yet to find anything that I would replace it with. Lots of folks complain about function concerns but mine has been nothing but reliable from IDPA, steel plates, combat popups, & bowling pins to plain old recreational plinking at the range. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to fire double action.
    Had a Glock 21 and a 30. Sold them both but kinda wish I kept the 30 only because it was light to carry.
    Didn't own it, but had an opportunity to throw about 500 rounds down the pipe of the PPQ. I really liked the feel and it seemed very accurate even in my hands. I could see myself buying one but doubt it would replace the Defender.
    I've read nothing but good things about the FNX, HK45, and the USP but have not been able to find anyone who owns one so I can try it out. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
    All info above is subjective and of course YMMV.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.