In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WAL MART !!

duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
Walmart has taken all ammo and any guns they had left off the shelves and locked them in the storage area getting ready for the Tuesday night "FUN". !!

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    A bit let for that in Philli.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Walmart has taken all ammo and any guns they had left off the shelves and locked them in the storage area getting ready for the Tuesday night "FUN". !!
    Where is that location?
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭
    Ours have closed them out except for about 3 that are still there. Talked to a service manager that had been there 17 years and said he is getting laid off and no more "service" in the sporting area. They all will be gone soon. Never bought one there, never will but I thought stealing guns was a crime and the protest were all peaceful?
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    The local Walmart has a hand written sign “ No firearms sales until further notice”. The case is full of shotguns and rifles. I asked a worker what the deal was, he replied “The computer is messed up”. Yeah, right. 
    The ammo cases are completely bare.
    I bought some muzzleloader bullets and had to show my ID for “ammo”.
    Idiots.
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Poplar Bluff, Missouri is closest Walmart to me. Gun and ammo shelves are bare. Many of us here saw the writing on the wall and have stocked up already. Riots are non existent around here so I think it's in preparation for the election.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I would never, ever buy any firearm related item.from Walmart ever, anyway.

I have been in one twice, once for a Black Friday related electronics deals. (1/2 off) Computer Tablet/Phone. (Once for a Vizio TV when my current one crapped out.) That is it.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I try to stay out of walmart as much as I can.  Its been a year since I was in one and I seldom buy ammo and never a gun from them.
    RLTW

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    jimdeere said:
    The local Walmart has a hand written sign “ No firearms sales until further notice”. The case is full of shotguns and rifles. I asked a worker what the deal was, he replied “The computer is messed up”. Yeah, right. 
    The ammo cases are completely bare.
    I bought some muzzleloader bullets and had to show my ID for “ammo”.
    Idiot

Could not find some Allen Gun Socks anywhere so went in Walmart last night. None there either. Two huge ammo cabinets empty.-------------Ray
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Probably did not take them long to take the three boxes of trap loads off the shelf

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Well at 2am that's the only place to find Wine, condoms, and certain other necessities. 
    Oh, and ammo.😎😎😎
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife sent me to the Christiansburg, VA Walmart today and I noticed the empty racks.
    I left shaking my head.  Now I know what is happening.
    Thanks.

I hate Walmart a little more, each time I have to go in there.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    I quit shopping there when they removed semi-auto ammo from their stores. 
  • Options
    neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    I stopped in this evening to get my hunting license and in rural Arkansas they had also removed guns and ammo.  The clerk told me that tomorrow they were locking down jewelry and even the batteries (I guess auto) now had a metal bar across them that had to be removed to gain access to the batteries.  He didn't know what they would be doing with electronics.  He said they were restricting access to all the "expensive" items.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    I really- REALLY cannot blame Walmart.  They have a store in Philly that has been looted 3 times in the past 10 days.  Our local store has pulled guns and ammo to storage.  Better than losing them.    
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,982 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The WalMart in the town where I live should have plenty of guns and ammo. Anytime I tried to buy either,nobody working at the store had a key to unlock what I was trying to buy.
  • Options
    Just came from Walmart. ALL long guns remove from cases. No ammo, not even skeet/trap loads.

• Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    I was at my local WM on Sunday trying to get a couple boxes of slugs, nothing in stock and it's about a month away from deer gun season here in Ohio. They had probably 1/4 of the normal stock of #7/#8 birdshot (those all disappeared when the Wuhan panic hit). All other rifle & pistol ammo was very thin, pre "panicdemic" they usually had decent selection at fair prices. Long guns were still behind the glass display and I saw no additional securing measures but wasn't really looking for any.
    Ended up going to a Rural King in the next city over and got 2 boxes of slugs. I could have bought more but figured I'd leave some for the next person. Their ammo selection was thin too, but they also still had long guns and pistols on display.
    Guns are worthless without ammo, and thankfully I'm not hurting for any but things sure are crazy right now.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    I was in Rural King today. Bought a box of Sig Sauer 9 mm hollow points. Three workers were going hard as they could go. All three 4473 computers were in use, people waiting in line.
    I asked the lady if she had more 9mm and she said yes, but they didn’t have time to get it out of storage. God bless Rural King!
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Friend called and asked me to find him a 20 gauge 870 barrel, couple on GB in the 2 to 300.00 range, order it he says.
    I ask if he has any slugs, nope but I will get some. No you won't and the good ones are several dollars a pop. He said let me get back to you on the barrel, that has been a week ago.
    If sleepy joe was to win by some underhanded voter fraud and you have not stocked up on G&A you pocket book is going to take a big hit along with the fact items are going to get tight for the shooting sport.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    I saw on our local news last night that WalMart has rethought that decision and is restocking store shelves with guns and ammo in locations that aren't prone to the looting. Our stores are once again stocked.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!