In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shameless plug -- flintlocks and pistol flasks

oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
I have an older friend looking to start selling some of his collection.  He asked me what was involved in listing things on GunBroker and quickly said, "never mind.... "  So I offered to list things for him.  He jokes he likes guns without firing pins ..... flintlocks, percussion, etc.  Anyway, he picked out some nice things and I listed them for him, two English screw barrel pocket/muff guns and 3 nice pistol flasks.  More to come.  Please take a look if you are interested.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=2257511&PageSize=48

Thanks in advance!   --John

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited October 2020
    The 1851 flask is a beautiful example. Before I owned my own gun shop I worked in a gun shop where Sam, my old boss, collected everything Colt (plus darned near everything else). Sam had quite a few 1851 flasks, but I don't recall any nicer than yours. 

In a great example of a misspent youth; I had a chance to learn and study Colt percussions tutored by a man who knew the subject inside and out...and I wasted it. The only thing I gained was an obsession for Colt Roots, but I've never owned one, and I never will.

Good luck with the auction.
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    The 1851 flask is a beautiful example. Before I owned my own gun shop I worked in a gun shop where Sam, my old boss, collected everything Colt (plus darned near everything else). Sam had quite a few 1851 flasks, but I don't recall any nicer than yours. 

In a great example of a misspent youth; I had a chance to learn and study Colt percussions tutored by a man who knew the subject inside and out...and I wasted it. The only thing I gained was an obsession for Colt Roots, but I've never owned one, and I never will.

Good luck with the auction.
    Thank you for your very kind comments Mark!
    Auctions ending Sunday.....
    https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=2257511&PageSize=48
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I think your starting prices on the Screw Barrel Flintlock pistols is too high.
    Start them around $200 / $250 and you might get some bites.