In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do Washington D.C. Legislators even author Bills?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Politics
 Some say no. No one writes a bill anymore,The lobbyists just presents a bill for them &  A member of Congress introduces the bill, I wonder if this is true?
                                     serf

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Hell they don't even read them.  This is not a new thing either.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    some lobbyist company writes a bill, gives it to the legislator to introduce and when it passes they will tell  congress what it means
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭

It has been going on at least since 1934.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/NRA/NFA.htm

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     Term limits will never happen either! The lobbyist would have to work harder to educate them what a republic is, after getting them elected that is! The Supreme Court says super -pacs are legal that lobbyist love so much they even can get them on board with their illegal entities being legal. I wonder how they get bought off? With the law on their side I guess.  Money talks ,bet on it!
                      serf

Serving on the Supreme Court is one of most prestigious roles an American judge or lawyer can hold. Their names are known throughout the world and they’re treated with a great deal of respect. The justices have the power to check the activities of the president and Congress, providing them with the ability to have a huge impact on American history as they did with decisions .
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,427 ******
    Term limits are about the best thing that could happen for our country.   Everyone I have ever spoken to agrees with me no matter what party they are members of.  Good ideas like term limits never even get a mention in national media or Heaven forbid on Capital Hill!   Very, very, SAD!
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    The term the elected official is known by is "co-sponser",  I've actually seen first-hand a lobbyist hand a bill over and told the office holder "to get it done". I was highly "pissed" witnessing this crap   :confused:

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee