In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How Often Do You Get None Payers

Sharkbite Sharkbite Member Posts: 2
edited October 2020 in General Discussion

Dont really see a perfect place to ask this question so I’ll drop it here. Listed my first Item and it sold pretty quick to a guy that just signed up that day. 4 days later still cant get any type of response from him. I’ve read through the process I have to follow to resolve but curious how often this happens here. I’m also assuming I can’t see the next highest bidders info to offer them the sale and I have to start from scratch with my listing?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    First, let me say welcome to the Gun Broker forums. 

NPB (non paying bidder) has become quite a problem. From my own standpoint, up until this year I had exactly one NPB in 17 years. I now have two since July, including one who totally ignored me- which I found especially irritating. If you've read the process then you are up to speed on what to do.

There is no option to offer the item to the next highest bidder. That would be an invitation to shill bidding. The rules say that contact should be made within 5 days, so I'd give it another day. If all else fails, you don't have to start from scratch. On the left side of the listing there will be an option to automatically relist the item. Click that and you are back in business with a fresh start. Good luck. Mark C.

• Options
    Sharkbite Sharkbite Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the comment. I’m not ready to burn the guy at the stake yet but have a pretty good feeling I’ll never hear from him. At this point I’ve sent a few gentle reminders that I need his FFL and how he wanted to handle payment. A few emails through GB and a text to his number listed in case the GB emails are going to spam. Hopefully if I have to relist I won’t have the same issues, but not a great way to start with selling here lol. Thanks again

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    May I add that you can block that guy from bidding on any of your items again. Go to help then sellers and search the process.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Follow the steps and initiate a credit request and relist . Got one going on now from a FFL who didn't send the money.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Add the following statement as a condition to the sale:

NON-PAYING BIDDERS CAN EXPECT A VISIT FROM MY BIG OLE, HAIRY-LEGGED, KNUCKLE-DRAGGING SON-IN-LAW WHO JUST AIN' T RIGHT IN HIS HEAD BUT HE LOVES TO TRAVEL.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    IF you have to relist and it sounds like you will, put the auction up here on the forum and with the copy and paste item number and see if we can get some bids for you.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Back when I joined in 2003 I had no problems......bought a few and sold a few without issue. The NPB is a problem now because people (liberals) are just coming here to cause chaos.