In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

You planning on giving out candy

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
planning on having lil trick r treaters?  We bought candy and plan on having Halloween same as always.  

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    We don't get any trick or treaters either. Some must be expecting a lot because I went to town today to pick up a few groceries and the store had sold 90+% of their candy. This was a Krogers and a week ago they had massive displays of the stuff. Today they probably didn't have 30 bags of the stuff. Even the regular candy aisle was decimated. This kinda sucks because I have been known to snag a bag of Snickers after the holiday when they are half price. Bob
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    We generally get quite a few. However, with all of the crap going on, too many liberal neighbors, we aren't going to do it this year. We refuse to wear mask's, don't go out in public much, and stay to ourselves. So I don't want to be the one blamed for passing on the kung flu. I can sit inside and reload ammo... F'em.....
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got candy but there ain't no kids brave enough to come out here--not even my own Grandkids.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    They don't come to my road too dark, too far away and not enough people.
    RLTW

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    Wife bought three bags of stuff yesterday. I thought that one would be modanuff. Our new neighbors have two youngsters, so they might come over - but I doubt there'd be many more. Utah is officially discouraging door-to-door this year.
    I saw one video of a house where they rigged up a 6' length of PVC pipe, and planned to deliver candy by sliding it down into kids' bags. Cute.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Saw a good Halloween cartoon today: Two trick-or-treeters meet and are talking about their strategies. One is decked out in full Halloween gear, the other is just in plain clothes. The plain clothes kid tells the other "Last year I wore a Devil mask to scare people. This year I just show up at their door uninvited wearing no mask."
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

"You Punks get off my Lawn."

Pretty dark and remote here, plus porch light off. (As usual.)

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    We live in a small community outside of town on our own County Road and rarely get trick-or-treaters. However, every year before Halloween we buy two big bags of our favorite candy from SAM's Club and enjoy. However, we makes sure we have a few pieces available just in case someone knocks on the door!  :D

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a bag of mini Hershey bars.  And a Wrist Rocket slingshot.  
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    Our road only has 3 houses and a hog farm, and one of the houses is empty. We've never had a trick or treater here in almost 20 years we've lived here. When we lived in town we would get between 50-100 of the little beggers every year.
  • Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    Never had a door ringer here in 35 years; LOML goes to other friend's houses in busier neighborhoods to have fun!
    To night she went to one friend's house and they talked a while (she stayed in van due to bad hip) with only a few interruptions.
    Then driving home she saw a gentleman she knows sitting in his pickup truck bed on his driveway using a 10' PVC pipe to slide the goodies to the kid's bags!!!

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    Man the door bell hasn't stopped ringing here.  Lots of kids out.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******

Put a bowl of candy on the porch with a note to be honest and only take two.

wife was getting her makeup done for the Halloween party at our local Pub.

I half way paid attention to the bowl.

Seemed most were only taking two.

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    I did the pipe thing described above. Made a big tape X on the porch, had them stand on it one at a time and hold out their bag, then I "shot" candy down the long tube. Kids loved it! Parents, too. We only had about a dozen kids - the new neighbors and two groups of strangers.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    China virus was the final nail for Halloween here.
    My kids had GREAT Halloween's here. 2 days ago drove through the old neighborhood I'd take my kids trick or treating in the early 90's reminiscing the great times and people there.  Only  live1/2 mile from there now. 
    Over the years we had less and less kids.   Still the neighborhood kids were out and about. 
    This year none.  

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    As usual, out here in the country, no kids came around. Yea, as planned, we get all the candy for ourselves.  :)

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    For the last few years we have been ordering a pretty good stash of Lindor candy online in October. We did not do that this year. We just went for the usual candy at the store since it is always on sale at the end of October. You know the kinds, the miniatures of Pay Day, Baby Ruth, Snickers, Reeses, Milk Duds, Whoppers, 3 Musketeers, Kit-Kat, Rolo, Hershey's, Milky Way, etc. Good thing we didn't order the Lindors, we would have been stuck eating them ourselves (again) since there were no kids that came here. Just like the last 25 years or so.