In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Newest ridiculousness going on......you will not believe this mess

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
Ok, we sold various ammo to several people last month.    A couple cases of 308 were sent by UPS to a guy.    He let us know only one case arrived.    So, we filed the claim with UPS.    A week later we get a box returned to us by this same guy.    The ammo was not the 308....but it WAS some 223 that we had sold to a different person.

I started freaking out.    I thought "HOW did I send this ammo to the wrong guy???!!!"    It turns out it is the same type ammo.....but this is not "my" ammo.   It was sold to him by a different seller and my claim with UPS about the lost box somehow caused the UPS driver to grab this box and send it to me.

So, this guy has lost ammo....his UPS driver grabs a random box of ammo from his drop off place and sends it, "returns" it, to me.     So this guy is ticked off......AT ME!!!    I swear, its like there is no middle person involved here.   He is treating this like I took his money, hand delivered half of his stuff and stole from him while I was there.

I told him I would be happy to send this back to him, but I want UPS to provide a label.   I don't want to spend an hour on the phone with these morons either.   I didn't do it, so I shouldn't have to fix this mess.   

I know.....

I know.....

I'll be on the phone with UPS tomorrow.                                                                             (UGH!)
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't have stolen his ammo. 👹👹👹 And if you must then don't get caught.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    So that's where that case of 308 came from. I told Judy I didn't order any. Thanks a lot, now I am in the dog house. 😀 Bob
  • Options
    There isn't a shipping company on the planet that just pays an insurance claim....no matter how blatantly guilty they are.    I don't understand it at all either.     Some idiot from the post office was telling me I didn't pack a box well enough and I told her I pack my boxes so they can be dropped from a two story window, but not drove over with a truck or have an engine sat on top of them (which is what it looked like.)     If you had the keys to your car over to a valet and they go off road with your car its not your fault the car wasn't "prepared for off road use"........I don't know how they aren't facing a huge class action suit for letting people buy insurance and never paying the claims.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Pearels of dealing with "the public" :s
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a $30,000 film processor arrive in Alaska with OBVIOUS fork lift forks driven through the container, the equipment and almost out the other side.  The trucking Company begged me to sign for it.  I adamantly refused signing for it and sent the utterly destroyed equipment back on the lift gate truck it came on.  I got a call from their home office from some bimbo telling me I was required to sign for it.  I told her to pound sand.  She tried every trick in the book to get me to sign for the hunk of junk.  No way.  I called the manufacturer and told them what happened.  They sent me a new one by a different carrier that came in pristine condition.
    Once you ship something the responsibility is on the shipping Company.  They must deliver it to the recipient in the same condition it was received from the supplier.  If not, they are on the hook, theoretically.  If you sign for it and there is damage the insurance Company gets involved.  Their job is to screw you and badly as they can to save money.
  • Options
    bpost said:
    I had a $30,000 film processor arrive in Alaska with OBVIOUS fork lift forks driven through the container, the equipment and almost out the other side.  The trucking Company begged me to sign for it.  I adamantly refused signing for it and sent the utterly destroyed equipment back on the lift gate truck it came on.  I got a call from their home office from some bimbo telling me I was required to sign for it.  I told her to pound sand.  She tried every trick in the book to get me to sign for the hunk of junk.  No way.  I called the manufacturer and told them what happened.  They sent me a new one by a different carrier that came in pristine condition.
    Once you ship something the responsibility is on the shipping Company.  They must deliver it to the recipient in the same condition it was received from the supplier.  If not, they are on the hook, theoretically.  If you sign for it and there is damage the insurance Company gets involved.  Their job is to screw you and badly as they can to save money.
    OOOOOOoooooo.....that has to be the very worst damaged shipping story I've heard and I'm SO GLAD it has a wonderful ending.     I don't understand why some of these guys sign for these boxes.     We only have one thing a year or so damaged......but they damage the HECK out of whatever it is.    This is my first time a UPS person stole ammo from someone and shipped it to me.      What makes this extra funny is the box they grabbed and sent to me had a Fed Ex label on it with a totally different return address.    
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    There isn't a shipping company on the planet that just pays an insurance claim....no matter how blatantly guilty they are.    
    Truest statement I have read on GB ever.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    44mag444mag4 Member Posts: 47
    UPS stands for Unreliable Poor Service, and they live up to it.