In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Lord, my lord, what have we done?

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Politics
To our country, our children and our grandchildren?

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Not over yet, from what I hear.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    at least this election "got out the vote". probably set a record for the number of votes/registered voters.
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    Pray hard for President Trump.  He needs all the help he can get.  It isn't over yet.  Neither candidate is at 270.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

We have been doing since Reagan made it OK for Republicans to spend like drunken sailors.m

We do it when we when we justify spending trillions of non-existent dollars pretending we are saving a couple of hundred thousand lives.

Yesterday is merely the ongoing plan to get ours now without regard to the future. Regardless of who wins, our country is in trouble.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    i did my best but the young turks have taken over for all the free snit there going to get
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    It's a representative government.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    That is quite possibly the most depressing post I've read in all the time I've been here.

• Options

Not looking good. Biden ahead by 2%.

Mark C pointed out that if Biden wins MI, WI, NV, (which looks likely) that puts him exactly at 270 Electoral Votes, regardless if Trump wins PA, GA, NC.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    That is quite possibly the most depressing post I've read in all the time I've been here.

Well, I've been saying it for a long time, and it's been true for much longer than I have been saying it.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Unfortunately after having been paying close attention to how it is playing out today, it looks like we are screwed Boy's and Girl's.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    NOTHING has been decided yet. They are saying that it will days before we know. Hell North Carolina has nine days to count votes. 
  • Options

The math is simply not working/in our favor. We are about to get royally shafted.

I hope I am wrong, but it does not look that way. When you look at what States are left out there, and the way things are trending, it looks very bleak. If Biden takes WI, MI, NV (and it appears he will) he will hit 270. It does not matter if Trump takes GA, PA, NC, AK, ME.

I would Love to be proven wrong. (And hope I am.)

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    It would help a lot to split California into two or three states and New York into two to diminish the power of (D) ran cities and their insanity.  What ever happens the ending is we will have a duly elected POTUS in January or we will tear this nation asunder.
  • Options
    So you are going to start believing the crap on tv now??? Have a little faith man. Buck UP!! Stand tall!! Tell em Hell No!! I don't want no stinkin cigarette or blind fold.  No body knows at this point what is going to be the final out come. I will put my money on President Trump, but it may be a week or more before the dust settles. Wasn't is a month or so before the 2000 election was settled?? We are goona be fine. Well unless one of Surf's killer computers kills us all.
  • Options
    And stop trying to do math!! 
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    Glen Beck reported for months that the Dems had a plan to steal the election.  Right now he looks right.  Heard on Rush that
    Wisconsin has counted more votes than it has registered voters.  ABC put Arizona back in play.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    One thing is a fact .. those Polls are just made up propaganda
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    Yes, a representative government. And we all know who the represent.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    The fat lady has not yet cleared her throat; the aria is a ways off.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options

I would LOVE to be wrong, but it looks like we are about to get royally screwed.

Unfortunately, the math at this point is pretty plain. It is going to be super close, but not in our favor.

The next four years are going to get pretty dicey.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    So far, the only ray of sunshine that I see is the Republicans maintained a majority in the Senate. If Biden does win, that should prevent Supreme Court packing, at least for a while!!!!!!!!!! 

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    We did our part here in Alaska, our paltry electoral votes are red.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

As a gun owner that ray of sunshine is pretty dim.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    the average person did NOT do this, if you look at the overal map 70-75 percent of country is red, and even the individual state maps that show county votes are 70-75 percent red, I think it was nevada only had 4-5 counties blue but they were the big city counties, rest of state was red, same with country most of the rural USA is red, these big city states, NY, Cal, ect are blue, these last 5 holdout states where the counting is not complete I feel are the ones being/trying to be the ones who find enough to turn blue...... the population in the big cities not only run the states, but now the country,  sad, very sad, I prayed I would never see this day
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     It's going to be sinking faster if my crystal ball is right. Tax the rich and feed the poor. And the poor are growing exponentially here in America when the carbon Tax gets enacted for the good of the country. Just watch! The Taxes and fees that are coming is going to be astronomical for the working peons soon.
                                                serf
  • Options
    Your crystal ball is a solid black mass. 😁
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah what the heck, we did what we can do, either way life goes on, until ANTIFA/BLM or the thought police show up at your door.
  • Options

With Biden/Harris saying "We will come for your guns." That may not be that far off bpost.

• Options
    Old-Colts said:
    So far, the only ray of sunshine that I see is the Republicans maintained a majority in the Senate. If Biden does win, that should prevent Supreme Court packing, at least for a while!!!!!!!!!! 

Exactly. Biden is dead in the water. Ship at sea with no port.  Any law they try and pass or anything that affects the constitution..well the supreme court will derail it.
  • Options

Executive Orders seem to be gaining in popularity.

I hope and Pray you are correct though Select.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    We are not quite yet Venezuela. I am am thankfully too old to see how bad it might get here in the former USA, but we are but a whisker (I would like to have said a RCH) away.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    ROTFLMAO...My wife just learned what (RCH) means...and i got slapped ...   :#
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Executive Orders seem to be gaining in popularity.

I hope and Pray you are correct though Select.

Well I want to see those folks that voted for Biden faces when their paycheck is less when they come home from work. He is raising taxes... Got to spend that money for the poor folk .  And that stimulus money they been arguing about. Well Mitch Mc. will hold it up longer now just to show those morons he is still in charge and will be after the new presidento takes charge
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    Hillary couldn’t beat Trump but Biden did? Sad.
  • Options
    Well I have it figured that Biden will get prosecuted by his own party to get the witch vp in who is pelosi's friend so Commie fornia gets some perks. Queen for a Day will reappear on TV per her request.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November 2020
    jimdeere said:
    Hillary couldn’t beat Trump but Biden did? Sad.
    Lots and lots of voters, on both sides, had an intense dislike for Hillary. I cannot name a single person who I would not have voted for ahead of Hillary.  That would have included a third term for Obama! Had the Democrats run Biden in 2016, I think that Joe would have won over Trump far easier than he may manage do in 2020. Once again, the Democrats overestimated their prospects. We saw that first hand with their expectation of a "Blue Wave" sweeping through the House and pushing aside several Republican senators. That didn't happen. The Republicans will retain the senate, and closed to gap in the House; not enough for a majority, but enough to possibly carry some influence (they had none before). 

I think that Nancy Pelosi may be in danger of losing the Speakership. Many of the few reaming middle of the road Democrats bought into Nancy's claim that following the elections, the new progressives, which are actually ultra liberal groups like BLM and Antifa, were going to become a dominant force in the House. She was wrong. 

No matter how the presidential election finally turns out, we're not in too bad of shape. With control of the Senate, we can block all of Biden's court nominations, and obstruct much of his agenda. The media will constantly cry foul, but that's politics. In any case, the upcoming two years should be interesting.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Your crystal ball is a solid black mass. 😁
      Yeah tell it to all the oil executives/workers getting laid off by Shell and Exxon etc...
                                         serf

The oil and gas industry has lost more than 100,000 jobs this year

More than one million oilfield service jobs are likely to be cut this year in the wake of the spreading coronavirus and historic oil price crash, according to an analysis published today by the research firm Rystad Energy.