In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where is the Republican Leadership?!?!?!

joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭

Well, just what the title says. I've only seen a few if that speaking out against this mess of an election. Why are all the other Congressmen/women staying quiet?

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    My guess is that like most senior politicians they are on the take. They get paid off for not doing the right thing and they see President Trump as an obstacle to their lying cheating ways and want him out of the way so things can return to normal.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    What Ricci said. They are all part of that giant swamp
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November 2020
    Honestly, the Republicans in Congress aren't in bad shape. Despite the predictions of a Democratic wave sweeping the nation, the Republican's gained seats in the House, including picking up two in my home state of Florida, and will maintain control of the Senate. Republicans up for reelection who aligned themselves with Trump won, and those who distanced themselves from DJT also won. On the flip side, the few moderate Democrats who sided with Pelosi's ultra liberal agenda  found themselves defeated.

In point of fact, besides worked together on federal judgeships and taxes, the Republicans in Congress and President Trump were seldom on the same page. If Trump is defeated, they'll miss him, but they aren't in disarray about the prospect. I think that the Senate will find it much easier to work against Biden than they did working with Trump.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
     my guess..
     just like the old story about the Germans ( Hitler ) from a citizen  they came for the --- I did nothing did not effect me they came for the ---- I did nothing it did not effect me and so on until  they came for him  and he  had no to help  
     I do not recall the entire story but the moral is the same  . career  lifer politicians  do not want to tip there money boat and cause waves 
        oh as far as the poem / story about they came for me   I am sure the it  be easy found on the internet   
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the Republicans in Congress aren't in bad shape. Despite the predictions of a Democratic wave sweeping the nation, the Republican's gained seats in the House, including picking up two in my home state of Florida, and will maintain control of the Senate. Republicans up for reelection who aligned themselves with Trump won, and those who distanced themselves from DJT also won. On the flip side, the few moderate Democrats who sided with Pelosi's ultra liberal agenda  found themselves defeated.

In point of fact, besides worked together on federal judgeships and taxes, the Republicans in Congress and President Trump were seldom on the same page. If Trump is defeated, they'll miss him, but they aren't in disarray about the prospect. I think that the Senate will find it much easier to work against Biden than they did working with Trump.
    I hope you are right Mark, but just like the election it won't take much cheating to loose the senate majority either, one mad rino or a very large deposit to a certain republican senators bank account and you will have a tie, then the VP will cast the winning vote.......
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the Senate majority may come down to a run off in GA. It's that close.

As mentioned a RINO or two, a little pay off here and there - guess which side Kamala is on?

Things are about to get very interesting.