In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I really need to start reloading again

ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

Now that I live in the country I shoot nearly every day, so the ammo disappears quickly. Unfortunately I lost all of my reloading equipment/supplies in a house fire a few years ago. I should have replaced it at the time, but had too many other things going on. I can't believe how much everything has jumped in price in just a few short years, at least most of the stuff is still available online. I did manage to get several bricks of large rifle primers from Bass Pro last week, hopefully they will get in some small rifle primers because I'm not paying the $200 a brick they are going for on the auction side. It's a crazy world we are living in!

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭

it will get worst before it gets better

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

The significance of the primer shortage has yet to come full bloom. You may have had some good fortune in finding a small supply but these too, will run dry shortly.

For equipment to reload, I suggest reaching out here to our members through the 'Want Ad' forum. Most everyone here has been very generous when a member needs help. Beyond that, consult the used classifieds in any of the huge number of firearms websites. You will see quite a bit of equipment coming up for sale as folks find a need for money instead of extra equipment.

Best.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

For equipment to reload, I suggest reaching out here to our members through the 'Want Ad' forum. Most everyone here has been very generous when a member needs help.

Send me a PM. Tell me what you reload for. I have a bunch of extra stuff. I am not going to send Primers or Powder too much trouble but tools and dies I might be able to set you up, all I would ask for is you pay shipping.

RLTW

• Options
    ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

That is very generous of you Sam! My large rifle primers showed up today, so that's a start.

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Many years ago I reloaded so I could shoot for cheap.

But then, it actually became cheaper to purchase loaded ammo.

So, I only reloaded when I required "special" ammo like 357Sig (when it first came out), 300 Blackout (heavy subsonic bullets), light 9mm (for competition) or hot 10mm loads (for hunting).

Now, I need to drag out all those other dies and start making boolets out of stockpiled components.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"