In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

just another one

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

My oldest son bought some Milwaukee tools ( special sale deals ) last few days

one item he bought along with the rest was a battery chainsaw . he got all the items home and found some one had replaced the chain saw with a off brand generic ( cheap ) battery chain saw .

he went back the store ( home depot I think ) explained the issue and they gave him another saw

the counter fellow just said probably some kids did it ( sure kids do it all the time )

I have read countless stories of people doing such things any more especially on returns to amazon ,odds are too much in favor of the crooks any more , even if caught very little is done and big deep pocket retailers I truly think do not want to cause much stink and ignore it

JMHO if you buy any thing make sure its what its suppose to be in the box before leaving if possible

Comments

• victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭

+10000

Have bought a few items at Lowes and Home Depot on the border with Detroit with switched items. One was an a GFCI. A few days later when I went to install it, it turned out to be a standard outlet. The store wouldn't exchanged it. The other item was a couple of cans of spray paint needed to finish a project. The cap on one can was changed and when used damaged the project. I purchased another 2 cans (closely checking them).

I suspect switching caps was a game funny to someone. Switching the contents of a box could also be funny to someone but also a means to buy an expensive item at a much lower price. I just got the less expensive item in the high cost box. Another ploy is to open a box and remove parts. Have come home only to discover missing parts and have to return to the store and buy another item losing time money and gas.

Now I open the box and check the contents carefully. I always suspect open boxes.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

I bought something expen$ive on Amazon and then got a “delivery exception” notice. It was delivered to Fairbanks instead of Anchorage. They claim they had the wrong address. Yeah from my list of addresses saved on Amazon? So I raised a stink.

They intercepted the package via USPS and had it redelivered to my home. Lo and behold, the package was torn open, and empty on arrival. It must be good to be a USPS employee. Screw up deliveries, get paid to make those mistakes, and pocket the goodies during the commotion.

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Good tips, everyone.

Also,

Anything you purchase via Amazon, TEST IT BEFORE THE 30 RETURN EXPIRES!

I have sent back quite a bit of Chinee junk - batteries that won't hold a charge, a camera that did not work, computer devices that won't load, ect., etc.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"