In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Left my 1st ever F feedback

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in General Discussion

I guess I need to start looking more closely at the feedback of GB's Top 25 sellers. This was a simple buy it now auction for a simple item. Seller took almost a whole month to ship.

Couple days after the auction closed, he sends me an email that he cant ship to a PO box and needs a physical address.

I respond that day with my physical address. No response back.

A week goes by, I send a follow up email asking if he shipped. No response.

Another week goes by, I call him, his response to my call - "I sent you and email requesting your physical address." I tell him I responded to that 2 weeks ago with my address.

He finally ships it.

44 F's in one month!

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Thats kind of mean.

RLTW

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I left one on an FFL.... Never sent money.

• Options
    ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like he deserved it.

• Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭

Most of the very biggest sellers on GB don't carry the product on hand. They use fulfillment from wholesalers. So when the wholesalers get behind like they have been you see the horrendous shipping times. It happens everytime sales go up.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭

I think there should be some separation of sellers who sell their stock and companies that sell drop ship items.....this way the buyers know when they are potentially going to face a delay. I understand that drop ship works great to move high volumes of merchandise, and I'm not at all against how it works, but I have noticed that people don't realize when they are going into this sort of transaction sometimes.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin

Well, unless GB has changed their policy, drop shipping is strictly against the rules. If you list an item for sale you're supposed to have said item in hand and available for sale. Meaning it is not supposed to be also for sale locally in some store you have. One can get away with that as long as you remove the item for sale locally as soon as it gets a bid, or you cancel the auction as soon as you sell locally. There has been several times though when some seller "FORGOT" to take one of these very important steps. Of course you cannot cancel an auction with bids on it.

• Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure GB is happy to have 10-15 guys selling 1000s of guns everyday between them. Capt. Fun even told us on here one time about how cool ones integration software was in regards to how it interfaced with Gunbrokers software.

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Must be the season. I just had to leave my first "F" for a seller too -- he had good feedback, but "went bonkers" (with some crazy idea in his head that I was "complaining" -- when I was actually quite pleased with my "purchase", snagging it for a good price in a listing that closed after midnight) after I had paid for the pistol and sent the FFL; he then refused to complete the transaction. He's dinged my perfect feedback with an "F" -- which he's not supposed to be able to do since he failed to complete his terms in our contract; so far 3 attempts with GB support (trying to get his feedback removed) seem to have "disappeared" into the AI system they appear to be using now to "resolve" support issues.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭

Your right, sellers are expected to make contact and ship promptly unless GB policy has changed. Pisses me off when this happens especially when it is part or something you need. Sellers like this should be red flagged.

There should also be disclaimers on sellers using Paypal as a means to pay for guns and ammo and components that violate PP policy.

Then you as the buyer usually end up with the reciprocal F feedback when you paid promptly.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭

The way the world is changing there will be more and more drop ship type transactions. The warehouse that ships all of these things have hundreds of sellers pulling inventory from their locations. So, its all on the software to make sure everyone gets the things that they have pulled. I'm sure the sellers are just as frustrated as the buyers are when things don't go as planned.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭

LF, you are correct, IMHO these sellers do not belong on GB.

GB has a very strict policy of dealing with NPBs, buyers should expect the same from deadbeat sellers.

• Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

I left a guy an F for charging me $50 for shipping a gun that only cost him $10.90 to ship. His auction promised to charge actual shipping cost. I'm still waiting for auction support on that one. That was 4 months ago.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin

That's why I usually just click the "back" button when I see the "actual shipping cost" thing. If it was something I really wanted, I would email the seller and get that "actual shipping" quote. Did you do that? People seem to think actual shipping cost is the price stated on the shipping label. Not so necessarily. Suppose the seller had to drive 30-50 miles round trip to the post office . Well that could very well be @57 cents/mile. That trip could easily take him an 1 to 1-1/2 hours, which certainly could be billed at $15.00-$20.00/hr. Then there is maybe $5.00-$10.00 packing material, plus insurance on a firearm shipment. So my advice is if you're gonna bite on one of those "actual shipping cost" auctions you best find out exactly what that is prior to bidding.