In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This is a great price on Folgers Black Silk

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭

"Silk" isn't the word I'd use to describe that coffee, but at <$4/lb you can't beat that with a stick.

BTW, this is my first post here in nearly three years.

Stopped posting here after GB changed the account format, but looks like my old username and password have been restored!

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November 2020

I wasn't even following this thread, but I recognized your user name immediately. Welcome back to the forums.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin

Great to see ya back BTS, stick around!

• Options
    CaneyRiverDogCaneyRiverDog Member Posts: 145 ✭✭

Glad to see you back BT, I've been trying to get my user name trc313 back since the change over.

Folders black silk is currently my favorite coffee and get it at the local store for $7.47 for the 43.8 oz container

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

Amazon must be playing games with regional pricing or changing the prices throughout the day.

I selected the link early this morning and the price for 3 shipped was $21.00+ .

I selected the link just now and it was $17.77/3 shipped.

Plus their delivery times far exceed the 2 days I was guaranteed when I signed up.

What gives?

Best.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,358 ******

I clicked on it earlier and then navigated to the folgers regular which I drink, and tried clicking on the different combinations of sizes and qtys and all of the unit prices came out to more than the local wallyworld prices.... some times amazon is cheaper sometimes not, but I have seen their prices change in the same day for same items often. I buy a lot of spices and other food items from Amazon or flebay that are often hard to find locally or to get for a better price. Before the covid crapola I would get TP delivered in bulk a couple times a year, was cheaper and didn't have to carry the big item in truck cab, now a days can't get it there anymore...

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******

What is Folger's stance on Kyle Rittenhouse?

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know don't care. I'm not swapping spit with them just like their coffee. It went back up to $17.77 for three 20.6 oz cans today. so $5.92 each or about $4.60 / lb. I got six cans ordered so I am good for a while.

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭

Thank you Mark and Horseplainsdrifter.

I see I've been on Gunbroker.com for roughly 16 years. . .that's a "spell". Pretty much never get to shoot anymore, but fun to be back here.

Anyway, I've started roasting my own coffee a few years back.

Usually pick up a 5lb bag of "green" single-source Arabica beans for about $16-20. (Less/lb if I really stock up and buy 10-15lbs).

After roasting you lose about 20% of weight from water loss.

So I end up paying about $4-5/lb for freshly roasted gourmet coffee, not including my time.

That's comparable to the price of Folgers Black "silk", but its not even in the same league; its a completely different product.

• Options
    dok2udok2u Member Posts: 100

You're doing much more than " swapping spit with them" because you're paying them! You usually give your money to people who are trying to kill your business and destroy your freedom? As Edmund Burke said: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." His words and your actions explain why the demonkraps keep kicking us in the gonads!

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

While I enjoy reading about and discussing coffee, the inclusion of political statements will get this moved to Politics so enough is enough.

Best.

This discussion has been closed.