In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Non-paying bidders fraud ??

Have any sellers on GB or any of the other sites noticed an increase of non-paying bidders?

I’m only asking out of curiosity. I’m not sure of the logistics it would take for the anti-gun populace to get involved in sabotaging the bidding system or driving guns, ammo and accessories to ridiculous prices with the intention of never paying up. Like the legit panicked NR bidders aren’t doing it for them ??

I realize GB has the system of verifying your real by charging a fee, but it wouldn’t surprise me to the ends they’re willing to go.

Comments

• Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭

do a search, you're find lots of topics on this over the last few months

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******

Everyone begins as a NR buyer/seller. The system and its members will weed out the deadbeats.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums, MBM.

This seems to have turned into one of the most talked about topics in GBGD.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

Along with the sellers that dont have the item you just won or BIN.

• Options
    ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

All too common these days.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭✭

Most talked about because this is a problem that seems to be ongoing at this time. There is a whole lot of fear in the US of A right at this moment. To some of us it is what looks like the loss of many/most of our Constitutional rights, to others it is the fear of dying of a bug with less than a half % death rate if you even get the bug in the first place. Others living where the violence is, fear for their lives, many of whom never, ever considered the need to be able to provide for their own self defense, I mean, come on, that is why we have 911!!

Looking at this compared to some of the above, having to relist an item on GB is kind of a minor problem!! I didn't say it wasn't an irritating problem but still a minor problem.

A major problem is realizing you have no way to defend yourself and the crazies are walking down your street!!!

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭

We aren't seeing much of an increase in non paying bidders and we have sold a LOT of items in the past few week. With the pandemic, the civil unrest, the food shortages, the crazy stuff you see on the news every day its made everyone buy firearms....add in the crazy nut job that stole the election saying he has plans to "take guns away" its making things crazier than ever with gun sales. Wholesalers cannot keep ANYTHING in stock. Stores are stocking anything they can get their hands on. The gun shows aren't running.....so everyone is turning to the internet.

One of the most liberal nut jobs I know....someone that fights with people on MY Facebook page regularly....asked me to get him some 9mm ammo. Its crazy times for sure.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭

One of the most liberal nut jobs I know....someone that fights with people on MY Facebook page regularly....asked me to get him some 9mm ammo. Its crazy times for sure.

I hope you told him to go pound sand

• Options
    MillironMilliron Member Posts: 271 ✭✭

Talked with a Cabela's salesman. He says people come in regularly with a picture of a gun from an advertisement. They say they want that gun. Then get the "deer in headlights" look when asked which caliber they want. It is scary.

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

It boils down to this. A NR bidder or one with hundreds of ratings; you either have integrity and honor your commitments or you do not.