In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Radikal Arms Shotguns -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Any experience from this Turkish Shotgun supplier?

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Never heard of them. I looked up their stuff, what are you looking at?

Ken I shot a 940JM and was impressed. Gas operated "Tactical" shotgun made for 3 gun.

Here is a nice one https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885877026

RLTW

• Options
    edited December 2020

They had several Tactical shotguns. I was drawn to this one. (The Wood furniture sucked me in.)

Started out looking at a mag fed Shotgun I was unfamiliar with, that had an American flag motif, shown at the bottom of our Forum site.

I should learn to Stop looking. 🤔

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

Good looking shotgun Ken. It pains me to say it but some of the Turkish guns have really improved so it is probably a good one. In the description he mentions a cylinder bore slug barrel but it appears to be a standard 28" field barrel with 3 different Beretta chokes. For that price it would be hard to do wrong so I think ya dun good. Bob

• Options

Forgot to add, please post a pic of the gas system when you get it. Couldn't find any info about it online. From the outside it looks a bit like the Beretta 300 series but without the for end being removed it is impossible to tell. Bob

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

From their web site:

*ATTENTION* DO NOT use Remington UMC ammo in any of our firearms! 

Why?????????????????????????//

• Options

Thanks Bob. Had roughly 3 or less hours to get feedback from here. (No luck.)

Saw a deal and jumped on it.

Remains to be seen if I made out, or not.

For that price, I will give it a try.

Beautiful Turkish Walnut furniture, drew me in, on this particular one. Looked them up on google, prior to bidding. Seemed positive. Was looking for 1st hand knowledge, if any.

No bigee, I go my own way.

• Options
    ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a good deal.

• Options
    edited December 2020

Thanks Bro. I plan on having my Brother down the road from me, at his machine shop, taking 9 1/2" off of the barrel for me. Not worried about the chokes. Not coming in to play, in my overall game plan.

Another 12ga in play for me. My 2nd Auto. May cut my other one down as well. (878 Automaster.) Not going to be shooting at pigeons.

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a Turkish 12ga several years ago...Light and fun...took several turkey's with it and the grands and wife really liked it due to it's weight...As I recall one brand of ammo did not function until I adjusted the extractor...it needed more ...hook...

Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭

Seams like the Turks are making alot of different types of firearms arms today.Not just shot guns. Years ago they were know for some high end doubles an over an under shotguns. Now they have a 1911 45acp that is built like a tank.

• Options

Ah yes, the anonymous "disagree" button. You are too funny. Stand up to the plate, and voice your disagreement, (with your name attached) or just fade off in to the shadows, where you seem to enjoy the anonymity.

My firearm, my purchase, I will do what I want with it. My choice.

If you "disagree," have the backbone to state why, or slink off in to the shadows, where you seem to enjoy lurking. 🤔

Boy.

• Options

I have never understood the disagree button. It doesn't actually convey any information or any explanation for why it was punched. I guess if I was taking a poll it might have merit but other than that I see no need for it. It was probably a standard feature from the forum designers and meant for the younger generation that has no interest in honest discourse.

On the other hand your barrel length may be determined by how the rib is attached to the barrel. If it is fully soldered To the posts and not floating it can be cut at one of the posts. If floating then you can still cut it at the post but it will have to be secured to that post. I have seen silver solder used if it is a steel rib. JB weld if the rib is aluminum. Both can be used so they aren't noticeable. You are right it was your money and now it is your gun and you can do what you want with it. Have fun with the project. Bob

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I don't even know why anyone would disagree. You want to modify it and it is your gun. Go for it.

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭

Hadn't heard of this company, so I did some checking. BTW, there's two companies with the same name, one uses Radical, and by the complaints, make junk AR's and parts. The Radikal Arms is in Konya, Turkey, and "I think" they make the Tristar shotguns as well.

Bob is on track with Beretta copies. Huglu was the only quality shotgun made in Turkey, the CZ shotguns are made by them. All the others farmed out a lot of their parts manufacturing, with no quality control, so naturally they broke, no parts available, and non existent customer service. Mossberg and Stoeger took a hard hit from the Turk O/U's they sold.

Ken, curious what kind of warranty you have on that, I couldn't find any information for one on their website.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Can you get an extended mag tube for that critter?

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
  • Options

My only other semi-auto shotgun is a classic Remington 878 Automaster (precursor to the 1100) 30" barrel and only a 2+1 capacity, in really nice condition. Not going to cut down a classic.

Familiar with the intricacies of cutting down a vent rib. My Buddy down the road has a machine shop and is a Master Fabricator, and fellow gun nut. He will be able to do the job professionally.

I may leave the new one alone, but will more than likely shorten the current 28" barrel length. I appreciate the link for an increased capacity mag tube. Thank you. Will look in to that.

How about the gorgeous wood on this puppy. (Turkish Burl Walnut.) It was calling my name. Should not have bought it, but I've not been buying anything for a couple years now, except my "pot metal" .22 a couple mo. back. I was feeling the need, and had to scratch the itch. The Seller had a couple Tactical models for sale, and that is what got me looking. I've got that niche more than covered. (And) the wood on this one just screamed "Look at me! Over here! Wassup?"

Brief research did not turn up any thumbs down that I could see. Figured for the price, I'd give it a try. Found the auction with only a couple hours left. Just enough time to confirm that the one shown in the photographs was indeed the one I would receive. (Did I mention the gorgeous wood?)

My name is Ken, and I am a Gunaholic.

• Options

Why cut the barrel down Ken. I would think they have a riot style barrel they would sell you, then you would have both. One thing about a gas operated gun is the barrel length sometimes comes into play in the operation of the weapon.

RLTW

• Options
    edited December 2020

Good advice Sam. I will take it under consideration. I will see how it handles and balances when I get it, and run some rounds through it.

It will be more of a Home Defense Shotgun (yeah, like I needed another one of those.) than used for sporting purposes. I may yet keep as it is, remains to be seen.

I have quit a few 28"-30" barrel Shotguns already. 13 different Shotguns at last count. About an equal mix of Sporting and Riot Pumps. About 5 single shots as well, as a 311A SXS in .20ga. and a .30-.30 over a 20ga Savage 24V.

It's not like I needed it, I have been going through purchasing withdrawal, and this one called my name. I was attracted to the very nice Turkish Burl Walnut. Beautiful wood.

• Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭

It's not like I needed it, I have been going through purchasing withdrawal, and this one called my name. I was attracted to the very nice Turkish Burl Walnut. Beautiful wood.

can sure understand that , and that is Beuuuuu tiful wood for a production gun I think you did real good

• Options

It is a nice looking gun Ken.

I wonder why they don't want you to shoot UMC ammo in them?

RLTW

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******

My guess is that they are not strong enough to cycle it.

A hunting friend has a Remington SP 10.

When new, it would not cycle Remington shells.

No issues with Federals.

• Options

One thing I know I do not care for on it, is the White lettering. The wood overrode my repulsion with the white lettering.

There was only one NR buyer with a bid in on it, at $350. Went up about 3 times by $5 to feel him out, and he never came back. (He was maxed at $375.) I was surprised it went for $377, considering what Shotguns are going for just now. I believe the Tactical models are attracting more attention. I like nice wood.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,359 ******

It is pretty and a great price!

• Options

Thank you all for all the positive comments.

Yes, it appears to be a beautiful weapon. That wood is just gorgeous!!!

I am hopeful I can get rid of the white lettering, and it is not etched in to the receiver. Pretty sure the A&R Tactical Firearms in Walnut Hills, TN 38864 (?) On one side of the receiver is not. Plan on doing away with that post haste.

• Options

Picked up my shotgun just now. It showed up Sat. but my FFL was running a CCW class, and was unavailable to receive it.

As I confirmed before I bid, it was the exact one pictured, (with that wood) not just one of that model. Wood is gorgeous. 1st thing my FFL commented on, before I opened the case. "Man, that is some beautiful wood." Very nice hand cut checkering, not pressed - which I looked at closely before bidding. For the $$, a beautiful Firearm.

The white lettering is indeed etched in to the receiver not just painted on, so No Joy there, but less obtrusive than appears in the photo's.

Seems very well made and robust. Very nice recoil pad. 3 Chokes. (IC, M, IM) In a seperate case with a wrench. Assembled cleanely with no muss or fuss. Nice hard case, above Economy grade. Freezing rain out just now, or I would run a few rounds through it.

Vent rib is attached at each post, so IF I choose to shorten it no problem there.

All in all, very pleased.

• Options

Sounds good! Beretta style gas system? Ya know it is so purty you should leave this one full length. Besides that would give you an excuse to buy another one to cut down.😁 Bob

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******

I hope they make guns better than they can spell.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

I will take it back apart, remove the forend and take a couple photos for you Bob, I know you had inquired earlier. Do not know if I will be able to post. This is the only forum I frequent that will not allow my photos to go through and post.

I will need to wait until tomorrow AM when my "Internet Service" comes back full speed. The later in the day, the worse it is.

Randy, I miss-spelled Pico de Gallo the other day, so it happens. I knew what they had to say. Could you figure it out? (Spelling was from the Gunshop listing the auction, not the makers, but you probably knew that huh?) Nice Firearm, nice price, beautiful wood.

• Options

Gotta say, Bob - I do like the weight, balance and pointing of this as is. I will explore whether they can ship me a shorter barrel or not, before I proceed. Will run a bunch of rounds through it and decide whether I want/need a shorter barrel or not.

Will not desecrate a nice Firearm without cause.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Looks to good to chop it up.

Might look for a beater 1100 for a master blaster.

• Options

Contacted the Gunshop that I purchased this from inquiring whether they offered a mag extension or shorter barrel lengths. While I was waiting for their return call I went to the Radikal Arms website, exploring things.

They do indeed offer various barrel lengths. 20", 24", 28" (mine) and 30" as well as Mag extensions. 7+1 & 10+1. Right about then I got the return call from the shop. They can not get the accessories due to their Importing license restrictions, (but) informed me I could get them direct from Radikal. (Turkish Co.)

The firearm is indeed too nice to cut down. I am looking at the 20" barrel and the 7+1 mag extension. I am leery of calling/E-mailing Turkey and giving them payment info to accomplish this.

Am I being paranoid, or do you thing it would be okay?

Curious for input.

Thanks,

-Ken-

• Options
    togtog8togtog8 Member Posts: 5

wow at that price point you almost cant loose!!!!

• Options

Perhaps get a prepaid credit card for this single use. That way even if the card info gets hacked it won't do them any good. Glad you are keeping the barrel in original condition, it will be worth more as a combo if you ever sell it. Bob

• Options

Yeah, I was all over it once I determined it was that Exact shotgun (with the wood pictured.) Not just one of the same model.

I thought $377 + shipping/transfer was a Screaming good deal.

Beautiful Shotgun, built like a Tank, and very pleased overall.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Not gonna be selling this one Bob. I Really like it. (Plus) It is Beautiful.

Recently passed off 9 Firearms to Kasey. 3 Shotguns, 5 Handguns and a Sub gun.

One of the Shotguns was the Remington Automaster 878, my only other Semi-auto shotgun. A New unfired Bennelli Super Nova (Tactical) with a 8+1 mag extension, which should do very well, and a High Standard mdl 200 (Deluxe) 12ga. Pump.

After I added one, I decided to "Thin the Herd," as Kasey's crew was passing pretty close to me. They might be up now (thurs.) I need to check. A couple NIB Firearms. Including a FN FNS .40 in a hard case w/a total of 3 factory mags and several backstraps. (I had two identical) Very nice. Was torn on passing it off, but I figured WTH, I've got two.

Kel-Tec PLR16 5.56 that accepts AR mags. Added front Handguard, Muzzle brake and single point sling connect and sling. NIB. Some nice stuff coming up on auction.

• Options

Sounds like you picked some good ones as far as getting the best price now the way the gun market is going nuts.

Regarding your purty new shoots gun, don't you go and become a shoots gun snob. Trust me, I had/ have the purty gun disease and it can be plum expensive. 😁 Bob

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭

Have Ricci order them for ya, if he takes your money at least you and buddy will know where to find him...........