In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

income limits to qualify for medicade

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the income limits are to qualify for Medicade in Arkansas?

Comments

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭

I was the POA for my mother and her husband here in Ohio. I had to file for Medicaid for both of them. I can tell you it was one of the most frustrating things I've ever been through. Thankfully I don't have to deal with them anymore.

I am sure that they make it so tough to try to keep you from applying for aid. Maybe it's different in Arkansas.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

What's even better is when the VA starts declining you. (Ask mogley98 or myself how that goes.) Never knew I qualified for VA Healthcare benefits, as nothing was said when I ETS'd. No paperwork, Nothing. (Thought you had to retire with 20 for that.) Now being told, since you did not apply before 2013, your SOL.

Been nice knowing you. Buh Bye.

Awesome. Thanks.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭

Medicaid is paid jointly by the state & federal governments. States can vary their rules, but they need permission from the Feds. The last time I checked, most states had a "spend down" limit of $2,000 plus $1,000 burial fund.

Many states have more needy people than money; each county will have a "quota", & you may have to wait 10-15 years to get benefits. For some situations, it may work out better for you to move to a neighboring county or state.

If you own a house, you will be able to keep it in many cases.

Neal

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

I served four years............no service related injuries, no service connected disability..........and I have had a hip replacement and two carpal tunnel surgeries done for free. The VA is the only healthcare I have and I am glad to have it. Don't pay for meds, and have more health care than I want, as they are always setting up routine appts and labs for me. God bless the Central Texas VA system. I ETS'd in '91 and don't remember when I got into the system..........I think around 2012.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,350 ******

Just about any health care service is a crapshoot these days with the China Virus going around.

So far this year I have missed follow-up appointments with dermatologist and my annual physical was just a phone call from my VA doctor. My once upon a time feeling of security with my health care set up (Regular Medicare & VA) sure doesn't feel very secure anymore!

• Options
    GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

Thanks lemay. That was what I needed.