In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

357 Magnum

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

While I was shooting the 44 mags last week I also pulled out the 357 mags. I have a good friend who I ride dirt bikes and golf with. He is from South Africa and came here in 1990. We were out golfing one day(he is just about a scratch golfer) and I asked him if he ever did much shooting. He said the only shooting he did was in the Army in the 80's.

Well I called him up when I was shooting the 44's and the 357's and he came by and did a lot of shooting. He liked the 44 mags but he really liked my 357 Magnums.

Here is what I have in that flavor:

S&W 586 6"

Ruger Blackhawk 6.5"

Ruger SP101 3"

S&W M19 6" and a 4" both blue

Dan Wesson with a 6" and a 8" barrel and shroud.

I thought I had a T/C barrel but if I do I couldn't find it. I also thought I had a S&W M27 but then I realized I had sold it 2 years ago...........Old age and too many guns.

I had about 500 rounds of 357 Mag loaded with Hardcast 158gr GC SWC bullets and AA#9 or 2400 with CCI SMP primers. I also had some 38 SPL that was loaded light with red dot or blue dot.

We had fun. He liked the S&W M19 6" the best, my favorite is the S&W 586 6". It was fun getting them, I don't think I have shot some of them in 10 years as I don't shoot much 357 or 38.

RLTW

Comments