In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Magazine opinions please.....

mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Regarding Magpul D60 and KCI 100? Uselfull? Novelty? They will be gone soon.......get em now and sell em later.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I have no use for them for several reasons. I have put away a few 60 round Surefires cause they were selling for $500.00 back in 2013 and 14.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Both of the drums I mention now are cheaper than that. I don't see another assault weapon ban with a sunset clause.......the next one will have bear teeth in it. The 129.99 D60 might be 1000.00 next year.........same with KCI. I don't own either but am now thinking.

Anyone want to say how they work?

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

I have zero need or desire for such a "range toy". Thirty round mags are bad enough but at least they're manageable. In real use, those heavy drums will stress the mag release and/or cause feeding issues sooner or later.

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a PMAG D60 back when they were $80ish. Used it twice with no issues. I figure it wont go down in value and it doesn't take up much space.

So, to answer your question mine has functioned 100%. I just haven't used it much.

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Myself I would have no need for them. But if I had the extra cash I might consider buying some things like that to resell later. If they didn't go up in value you should be able to get you investment back anyway.

• Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

the Magpul works all the time, it will always be worth more, it's the one I would buy for the future.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭

I'm partial to "Birds and Blooms" myself. 😊

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******

I've heard good things about Garden and Gun.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I think I would like Playboy but I am sure the lady of the house would object.

Shooting Times, Shotgun News, and Guns and Ammo were good but now too many ads and not much usable info.

Opps, sorry wrong type magazine.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

I have two of the p-mag drums bought several years back a couple AK drums along with a AR 120 round similar to the AK style maybe and a couple of the dual drum AR style even one for a glock ( which I do not own yet ) picked them up over a ten or 15 year span

loaded up and used them maybe twice each to test and for the fun ammo wasting effects

loading is a slow process and hard on your thumb so I bought loader's for a couple of them makes it a little better . more novelty in a sense but if desperate would make a good cover fire , its fast to switch out a standard AK or AR mag .

for a time the state I lived in had a law I could own a drum mag but not allowed to use it LOL

it was in fine print in some gun laws they made years ago but did take it out several + years ago to allow us to legally use them

for a short time my youngest son had several belt fed guns that's the way to go if you want fire power, however he sold off his toys about a year ago and did well fun to have and shoot but holding the trigger back was too easy and habit forming I think the ammo bill was doing him in LOL