In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Search Function

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭

I tried running some searches today on 1911 sights, 1911 scope mounts and 1911 red dots in the Ask the Experts and the General Discussion forums. I am thinking about adding something to my 1911.

I was disappointed in the results.. First, there were only a handful. Second, many of the results were not about the subject matter. Is there something I was doing wrong. I didn't have these problems before the format changes.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited December 2020

No, you're not doing anything wrong. The search function is this forum is far too generalized. Even the secondary search, where can can select by sub-forum, really doesn't help much. To be honest, unless you know the name of the author of a specific thread or post, you're going to end up searching through hundreds.

Sadly, it's what we are stuck with. On the bright side, the previous forum didn't allow for searches at all, so I suppose that this one is better than nothing.