In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How about them apples?

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
edited December 2020 in Politics

So the point of the vaccine is... ????

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Yep I mentioned that in a vaccine topic on GD and someone gave me a disagree. Guess they never heard of don't shoot the messenger. It may help you fight off the virus but doesn't prevent you from getting it. That is the way all vaccines work but I think people forgot that and expected miracles. Bob

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

But the virus could mutate like a cold or The Flu in the future. It could all be just a stop gap Measure. Let's hope not. And then the relapses and linger effects is another factor they have not researched. I say it's not a natural event and a designer virus using natural attributes to cause havoc. Of course just like The election fiasco it's covered up by the Elites.

serf

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like there's a second strain out in England.. maybe the Chinese hit us with a one-two punch..??

• sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

DECADES developing a flu vaccine, fine tuning it on an annual basis, and still averaging only a 30-50% effectiveness with as many as 60,000 American deaths each year.

But the wuflu vaccine is supposed to help us achieve "herd immunity" in a matter of months??

While I'm hopeful, I've got my doubts.

Arrivederci gigi
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Most years the flu vaccine runs about 70% effective. Even a few years ago when people were going on and on about how ineffective it was it more effective than 50%. However the COVID vaccine is new technology and while it has been worked on for over 15 years it has not been used to produce and distribute a vaccine in numbers enough to administer to the public. We will not know the numbers, effective or not, for years.

• sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I've got different stats SCOUT.

From the web md article:

"On average, it’s been 40% effective, meaning it’s prevented illness 40% of the time. Since health officials started tracking it in 2003, effectiveness has varied from year to year, ranging from a low of 10% in 2004-05 to a high of 60% in 2010-11."

The manufacturers don't even claim 70% efficacy, at least not that I can find.

But, the flu vaccine is certainly a cash cow for them. They've enlisted virtually every medical professional in the world to peddle their wares.

I read an article in the local news a couple years ago speaking about the deaths of 10 patients from the flu. There was a statement in this article something like, "4 of the patients didn't even get the flu shot!"

It left me wondering how the fact that 6 of the patients DID get the flu shot, but died anyway, didn't bear mentioning.

Arrivederci gigi
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

"A 2012 meta-analysis found that flu vaccination was effective 67 percent of the time; the populations that benefited the most were HIV-positive adults aged 18 to 55 (76 percent), healthy adults aged 18 to 46 (approximately 70 percent), and healthy children aged six months to 24 months (66 percent"

"In the case of influenza, effectiveness is expected to be lower than the efficacy because it is measured using the rates of influenza-like illness, which is not always caused by influenza."

Like a lot of things there are many variables influencing numbers and even more ways to collect and present those numbers.

As a side note. When working the ER I seen and treated a lot of people with flu like illnesses that tested negative for influenza (some would have been false negatives of course). I've also treated a lot of people that tested positive, very few of these people had been vaccinated against the flu. But that is just my experience and that doesn't make the kind of statistics we are talking about.

• mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭

Give it to the rats first.

I'll wait and see.