In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another...Have You Ever?

bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in General Discussion

Told someone you won't buy their gun or ammunition?

A drunk tried to sell me a new S&W for $25 one time.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, several times.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭

W o n ' t b u y a g u n? Are ye daft man? I once went to an auction and bid on a Davis.🙀 It went three times it's new price. I did not win.😊

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭

Another yes. A former co-worker (who was fired for drug abuse) came to my home with a car trunk full of guns wanting to sell them. I told him in no uncertain terms to get them and himself off my property. I think I felt the heat when he opened the trunk lid! 🔥

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,029 ✭✭✭✭

More than once.

• Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

No, but some guy offered some dynamite to blow up enemies as I was at a gas station. Easy no

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,604 ✭✭✭✭

once many years ago working construction one of the other fellows on the job site , we had worked together several months and talked about guns ,cars , girls and so on

he ask me one day If I was interested in a uzi or a Thompson he had just "got a few" each with 500 rounds

I was young enough to be tempted but old ( smart ) enough to be polite and just say no but thanks for the offer

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

I had a guy try to sell me some guns , at a local convenience store once. Just some 22 rifles. Smart enough to know they were probably hot. Got a license plate number and turned it over to the police. Let's just say, he didn't fit into the area. 😉 .