In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The President should veto all bills.................

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in Politics

............. that can't be reasonable read and researched in the 10 days he has to make a decision. Simply put congress isn't doing it's job when it send a bill with over 5500 pages to the president. It doesn't matter what is in the bill it should be vetoed as part of a standard policy.

Congress loves big bills, the bigger the better. That way they can all have excuses for voting for things that are "normally" not acceptable. They use the excuse of "but it had this in it and I had to accept the other item to get this passed".

Why is it we the people keep allowing our employees to behave this way?

The budgets are supposed to be passed in (IIRC) seven different areas. If it was done that way congress members could be held more accountable for their vote. Passing Omnibus bills decreases their accountability.

Comments

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

the like means I agree with you

but it doesn't mean I like what congress is doing

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

So much BS going on there, it is difficult to know where to begin. (It's been going on for generations.)

POTUS Trump was a start, but it appears that is being Stole out from under us. (If We Allow It.)

I hope and Pray that on Jan 6th Some Senators and Congressmen have the Cajones to do what is right. (And) Have an Vote amongst the Senate, that reflects the True Will of the People. That is the Constitutional means to alleviate the complete and utter Fabrication of an "Election."

*Apparently SCOTUS lacks any. (Cajones, that is.)

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

There are times when the President having line item veto powers would be beneficial, but the SCOTUS has consistently declared it unconstitutional. I think it should be brought up again with some restrictions, like it couldn't be used if 2/3 of the senate voted yes on a bill. If less than 2/3 then the president could use his discretion to pass or veto any portion of the bill that he thinks necessary. This would break up the partisan logjams and perhaps get rid of a lot of pork. Unfortunately most presidents (Trump excluded) act in a totally partisan way and will sign anything their party manages to ram through by the slimmest margins. Bob