In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The difference between a Ranger Tab and a Ranger Scroll.

Comments

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭

Great video...I knew some...but not all of it...Now I understand!!!

FNG ACADEMY...now that is funny!!! Well done!!!

Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Ricci as a guy with both old and new scroll(Combat) and a tab along with 2 gold stars on my jump wings he is confused at best.

He looks like he is an OPERATOR. We never looked at our selves like that. That is the way others looked at us. We were soldiers and we were the best Airborne Infantry in the world, shock troops, CQB experts I never heard the term "OPERATOR" until late in the 2000's. That is a term used by cheese dicks IMO.

I am no fan of Abrams but here is what he said:

"The Ranger Battalion is to be an elite, light and most proficient infantry battalion in the world. A Battalion that can do things with its hands and weapons better than anyone. The Battalion will contain no "hoodlums or brigands" and if the battalion is formed from such persons, it will be disbanded. Wherever the Battalion goes, it must be apparent that it is the best."

Rangers Lead the Way!

Sua Sponte

Brother!

BTW we were all hoodlums and that is from a founding member of the Blacksheep A 2/75.

RLTW

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Sam.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭

1st Thanks Sam for all you have given

and thank you Ricci for the post

my departed BIL ( RIP Gene ) was a ranger to what effect I am not sure he never talked about it only he was in Nam and a few generic stories about his time there . I do know he had terrible nighmayors over it his ex wife told us he would basic attack her during his sleep and had his hands around her neck many nights part of why they divorced I am sure ptsd what they call it now

I found out after his death that he was a army ranger now with this post I really do not know if he was attached to a outfit or a Ranger as in the scroll version

I did find one of his old uniforms what my MIL passed but did not look at close I just packaged it up and sent to his daughter who for the most part spent little time with him

• Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

I was in the Seattle airport coming home, standing in line at a coffee stand at Oh Dark Thirty. Next line over was a Ranger and his wife, both looked real tired. We got to the checkouts at the same time, he reached for his wallet and I put my hand on his forearm and said "This man's money is no good here". I know, I risked life and limb right there. His wife made terrified eye contact with me and looking square at him, I told the girl at the counter "Give him anything he needs or wants" and put down my card.

The most amazing thing about it was, the two of them looked absolutely shocked that someone would buy them a cup of coffee. I told her "get lots, it's a long layover" and told him quietly, under my breath, "thank you for your service". The look in both their eyes spoke volumes about how we do, vs how we should treat our servicemen.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I have three or four Ranger Tab & Scroll Buddies, CIB's, Stars on their Jump Wings, 2nd of the 75th etc. (One passed away about 2 yrs ago.) We are all best friends and would do anything for each other. Spoke to one yesterday.

Mad RESPECT Sam06. You Guy's were Definately "The Best."