In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Mauser????

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Two more actually. A nice clean Yugo M24/27, and a 1933 Turkish that will probably clean up. A very clean Finnish Mosin, and a Winchester 1890 as well. Will list them as soon as I can get to them. I bet these guns would be fun to shoot. I have read that good 8mm surplus ammo is hard to find.

Comments

• Options
    ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

Those 1890s are fun shooting guns.

• Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭

Turk's are usually dam good shooters. Plus as long as they are they dont kick much.

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

"I have read that good 8mm surplus ammo is hard to find."

Virtually all surplus ammunition was gobbled up by the folks who believed that the supply was endless and cheap. Now it's all gone except for some overpriced Yugoslavian which is corrosive. You will find some less expensive commercial ammunition like Prvi Partizan for test firing but it still isn't cheap like the surplus was.

Best.

• Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

OK :

I got apx. 100 rounds of 'surplus' 8mm ammo : wonder if I should sell it ?

Whats the going rate for this stuff ???

Thanks !!!

The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭

Depends on what you have.

Given the current ammo situation, I'm surprised this is going so cheap.

But then again, there's still two days+ to go.

Back when FNM 7.92 Ball was plentiful I bought three 900 rnd cans for something like 30-35 cents a round. Since I shoot surplus primarily in an FN49 I don't mess with the corrosive stuff.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭

I remember when that Turkish 8mm was on the market. You got a bandoleer, I think there were 7 pouches with 5 cartridges each, one bandoleer cost $4.

It was corrosive but it would fire! I drove up to a place in Johnson City Tenn and they had a crate full of the stuff out on the floor. So cheap they might as well have given it away.

Guy said they had two more crates in the back. The crates were 4 foot by 4 foot and 3 feet high.

• Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭

PPU makes a nice ammo for the 8mm mauser, clean an reloadable brass

Safest way is to reload for the old guns that way you get the best results.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

"Place in Johnson City" burned/down up a while back. Great place to buy "stuff". Great folks and pretty good prices.

Don't know if they lost all the inventory, I drove by shortly after and it looked the very back of the building was still standing.

There was a person moving around with a forklift.

You can look on their website and it is very slim pickings for anything.