In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Military uniforms

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

These dudes know the U.S. Army kit from WWII on. Very informative video. I did not know that Frag Vests do not stop bullets!!!! And WWII troops were issued white Tee Shirts which they died brown with tea or whatever they could find to keep from standing out as such great targets.

(69) History of Military Kit & Weapons: Generations of change & Improvements 1952-1993 | with Rick Lamb - YouTube

Comments

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭

I do a presentation at the local high school for the history teacher - The Evolution of US Military Equipment from Korea to Vietnam. It might be a little "deep" for some of them, but I have been doing it for more than 15 years. I cover uniforms, weapons and equipment, and tactics. Yes, I take uniforms, weapons and equipment, and various items (bazooka, LAW, and artillery projectiles, etc). It is definitely not a "normal" class for the students. You don't often get to see anti-tank weapons, 155 mm howitzer projectiles, and hand grenades in the front of the classroom (actually on the stage in the auditorium).

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,201 ✭✭✭✭

They issued us "flak" vests in 'Nam. It was literally impossible to wear both that vest and the bulky survival vest - and if you did manage it, you could not have flown the plane that way. At first, we sat on the flak vest because ground fire comes from below. After a few flights, everybody stashed the flak vest in their rooms along with their CAR-15 and a steel helmet in case of night attack.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.