In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

For those that are Pro-masks and lockdowns check this out!

Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,348 ******
edited December 2020 in Politics

“all of the current lockdown regulations, mask wearing requirements and social distancing rules/decrees are based on a complete fallacy of false assumptions.” The evidence presented in the study shows that “‘very rare’ actually means ‘never’ asymptomatic spread just doesn’t happen – EVER.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/asymptomatic-transmission-of-covid-19-didnt-occur-at-all-study-of-10-million-finds?fbclid=IwAR2PWiAO1AafAqYRyUKxQbVIiB3GouESGIM_DvzytAo3OCnMg9U6gW9U5po

Comments

• Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Who trusts Chinese studies of this???

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭

So China has come out with a study that seems to indicate it is almost impossible to catch the Wuhan virus. This is the same country that didn't tell the rest of the world for months about the virus and then told us it was not communicable. This is the same country that ran its crematoriums non-stop for months but tells the wold that they had relatively few Covid casualties. This is a country with long term goals to become the largest economy giving us advice on how to stop the spread of covid, while the virus devastates ours. Gosh why am I just a bit skeptical? Bob

• Options

Jeeze Bob I thought you had an open mind, please show me a real study that shows how Masks and lockdowns actually stop the spread and any real study that proves the concept of asymptomatic spread. Yes I believe that china lied and could also be lying about this, but so has our government, the CDC and the WHO. Please provide a real study that shows us the truth about any of it and not just pseudoscience and guesses (lies) they have been using.

• Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

"but also from scientific institutions across China as well as in the U.K. and Australia." Bob, enough ad hominem. The study is valid. Here is another scientific paper on it.

But more importantly are the facts.

Fact, 75% of new cases are contracted at home.

Fact, mask promote the spread of sars cov2. Here's why. Because stupid people are fiddling with their masks and then touching the things I may need to touch, such as door know and product. If they didn't have a mask collecting their germs and virus, they would not be touching it and cross contaminating everything else they touch.

Masks also rob you of oxygen, thus compromising the human efficiency. Mask also are a mechanical way to depress the spirit. Bank robbers and other criminals found it quite effective too. This also leads to a compromise immune system. Science has proven that laughter and positive mental attitude improve the immune system health and response.

Let's fact the facts. If masks worked this would be over.

But no, now they say if you don't get a vax you will be denied service on planes and other services. Why not wear a mask? Because they don't work. The vaccine will not work. Do you want to know why? Because fear will not be cured with a vaccine, well, unless the vaccine is really designed for other nefarious reasons, to cure a problem that does not exist while altering your RNA/DNA.

• Options
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Too many people are invested in the efficacy of masks and lockdowns for actual data to have an effect upon their actions at this point.

The willful ignorance of these folks virtually guarantees a top down tyrannical control of the masses until an 80% plus vaccination ratio has been achieved. After that, the control will be morphed into mandated monitoring and behavioral control until a passive and if necessary, active rebellion ensues and is successful.

Our masters do not know what they are doing, yet continue to flail, attacking freedom at every turn.

They ignore data, make up their own science, and have convinced enough at this point that it for our own good.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited December 2020

I am not a big fan of masks or lockdowns and certainly not a fan of Chinese published studies. Their government has to approve all publications and they have proved to be less than truthful about the Wuhan virus.

If you choose to believe them perhaps you should read in the link you posted about their recommending mask wearing. If you believe their study why are you anti mask? It is puzzling to me that someone who doesn't believe in masks would post a link that says to wear them. Bob

edit; Where in my so called ad hominem comment was I in error?

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

I wear a mask when required for the same reasons that I obey speed limit and no left turn signs.

• Options

Mobuck Speed limits and no left turns are backed by laws.... mandates are not laws, just suggestions by power hungry dictators trying to see how far they can go with their mandates backed by guesses, pseudoscience and fear tactics...

• Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

You attacked the study because it was by the Chinese, you did not address any of the content of the study, just merely attacked where/who it came from, and you were even wrong with that part.

That is the definition of ad hominem. In case you forgot, here is your post.

"So China has come out with a study that seems to indicate it is almost impossible to catch the Wuhan virus. This is the same country that didn't tell the rest of the world for months about the virus and then told us it was not communicable. This is the same country that ran its crematoriums non-stop for months but tells the wold that they had relatively few Covid casualties. This is a country with long term goals to become the largest economy giving us advice on how to stop the spread of covid, while the virus devastates ours. Gosh why am I just a bit skeptical? Bob"

We should be discussing the merit or lack of merit of the study, not where or who you think should only be listened to because of "credentials". Sometimes children have the greatest wisdom of all, but get dismissed as they are only children and did not get an "Ivy League" degree.

• Options

Obviously, unlike you I did read the study. However I will confess that its origin did influence my interpretation because the Chinese and WHO have done nothing but lie about the virus. I seem to recall that last January both said there was no human to human transmission of the virus. In the second link, from April, the Chinese virus transmission study recommends the wearing of masks. Since you posted the link to prove your statements, I guess you actually support the wearing of masks.

While I am not a fan of lock downs it is interesting to note how they have been effective in other cultures. S. Korea was able to greatly limit the spread of the disease because their culture did not resist lockdown. When they loosened up the lockdowns the spread increased dramatically and they are now having a big surge in new cases. However I am product of my culture and resent the concept of lockdowns.

Your comment about 75% of infections occurring at home is actually believable. If someone in a family of four doesn't practice good hygiene and social distancing while out in public and contracts the virus, what do you think happens when he or she gets home to the rest of the family? Could it just be possible that before they show symptoms, (asymptomatic), they spread the disease to the rest of the family? Hmmm. A person with no symptoms and probably taking no precautions while in public passing on the disease. That would kind of refute your out of date Chinese study. Bob

• Options

Bob, I'm not sure which "study" you read since I posted the OP with a link to an article in December about a study from November and you are mentioning both January and April...

In my original linked article I have followed every link in it and have read the complete paper the article was about and no where do I find actual statements recommending the wearing of masks...

You reference, "In the second link, from April" to back up your claim of such....

I only have several A.A.S degrees and a B.S. along with more additional credits equivalent to what it takes to receive a doctorate so maybe I'm not educated enough and since I believe learning is a life long process and I only have about 62 years of that so far, maybe you could be so helpful in providing exactly where in the article and/or paper I posted about recommends the wearing of masks?

My take on the article and paper was that, “all of the current lockdown regulations, mask wearing requirements and social distancing rules/decrees are based on a complete fallacy of false assumptions.” (bold and italic added by me)

Which was what prompted me to post it in the first place...

Regards,

Bret

• Options

Sorry that I wasn't clear. I was replying to Magoos post. His link was to a Chinese study done in April of last year. He posted that link to refute the point I made about not trusting Chinese research reports. Actually his link made several recommendations regarding stopping the spread of the virus, including recommending mask wearing. Right or wrong, mask wearing is something he has been vehemently against. Posting an article that recommended mask wearing ,in my opinion, was a bit odd on his part.

The other references I made concerning WHO and the Chinese were in regards to the false information given early last year that basically said the virus was not serious and not easily spread. If you recall WHO did not change that message until long after Trumps travel ban and Italy having a full blown crisis. This was the first of many lies that the Chinese, that I am aware of, made concerning the virus and concealing its true characteristics. All Chinese research must be approved by their government before release. I don't trust politicians, especially politicians from a communist government so it is hard to take any of their reporting of research of the virus seriously. The study you posted referred to a study in China with the results interpreted by Chinese, Australian and U.K. researchers. In the case of the non-Chinese researchers, how accurate was the data that was given to them? Was it as accurate as the data given to the WHO during the early stages of the pandemic? If so, then their conclusions may have been orchestrated by the Chinese. That is why I have my doubts as to the validity of the article. Bob

• Options

Bob, OK I thought he had just linked to the same "newer" paper that was in the article I liked... you are correct that it is an older April study.

I am against being required to wear a mask for daily activities of healthy people. I do believe it should be a choice as it has always been for anyone that believes it will protect them....

I also do not trust any government, especially life-long politicians.

Regards,

Bret

• Options