In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question for FFL's that do Gunbroker transfers.

ChippmoverChippmover Member Posts: 2

How long does it take for you after a gun is delivered to your shop to have it ready for the new owner to pick it up?

Thanks, Mark

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited January 2021

By regulation, a dealer must enter all new firearms acquisitions in his A&D book no later than the close of the following business day. If a gun arrives on Monday, it must be entered in the A&D book no later than COB on Tuesday. Once the firearm has been entered in the book, it is ready for transfer. Now it is simply a matter of contacting the buyer and letting him know that his purchase has arrived and to arrange a time for him to come in and to do the paperwork. With the current madness this may not happen as quickly as it used to. Do to limits on the numbers of customers allowed inside the shop, more and more are requiring appointments. Best, Mark C.

• Options
    ChippmoverChippmover Member Posts: 2

Thanks, good information.

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******

Most of my transfer clients have tracked their orders, and they know before I do when they are delivered. It's a little annoying, but very often that gun is in and out of the shop in an hour or less.

• Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

PDQ shop owner calls me pretty much immediately after the gun arrives, , after that its sort of up to me how soon the transfer occurs.

• Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

These days my shop does a lot of transfers. They prefer we wait till they call and tell us it’s ready to transfer, usually late in the day that they receive it. If I show up and ask for a transfer knowing it’s there, they’ll find it, do the paperwork and transfer it. But that takes longer than if I just let them do their thing and show up after they call.

To answer your question, their normal process has it ready for pick up late in the day that they received it.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Buyers usually call wanting to know when they can pick it up. They track it better than I do.

Wife just said about an hour ago, "did you see the UPS man"? Nope. He sneaked in and set the items on the porch and gone in a flash.

Agree, the quicker it is in buyer's hands the better.

I usually let them pick up the Items as soon as our schedules meet.

But then I don't do too many transfers. Runs in spells.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭

When I was working for a dealer, a call was made asap & they were in asap. If the wife answered, it was a fishing pole.

You have to txt the dealer I've used lately & he makes you wait until the next day. I've been using him as he we are members of the same club. But his acting like he's doing you a big favor (for which he is paid,) having to wait & his not answering a phone is wearing thin.