In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'd like to see the protesters who breached the Capitol be sent to Gitmo until they say the pledge,

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Politics

at which point they could begin serving their time in US prisons if they committed jailworthy crimes.

Whether or not provoked by Antifa, they should have known better.

Comments

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭

Which protesters? ALL of them? I agree that was not a good idea, that's why I didn't go. How do you feel about all the "peaceful" protesters that burned this nation all summer? How about this, let's charge em all the same, based on the destruction they caused!

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******

So you would deny them due process?

• Options

"storming the capital" is not treasonous either! This people were fed up and we're led in by a few bad actors. They had NO INTENTION of taking the capital. They HAD it if they wanted it, but they turned and left on their own. Bad situation, but NOT TREASON!! BLM and Antifa caused far more damage and far more lives lost and or destroyed. It's ok tho, because they were on the "correct" side!?

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭

Were there rebel flags at the capitol? I watched for quite a while and don't remember seeing one.

• Options

There was 1 or 2(probably Antifa, and we know BLM wore MAGA gear and instigated violence) but more importantly there was NO ONE burning the American flag like during the "peaceful" protests.

• Options
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

And the stupid sheep followed right along with the plans of the instigators. Because of their stupidity they marginalized the concerns of 74 million voters. Too bad there isn't anyway to charge them with being dumb in addition to any criminal acts they committed. Bob

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

My Brother and his Wife were present and Vocal on the 5th and 6th in DC. (They did not in any way participate in any Violence, nor did they cross the threshold to the capitol.)

My Brother is an 11year 101st ABN Blackhawk pilot, Combat Vet and Purple Heart recipient. (Traitor?) I don't think so, nor would i recommend calling him one.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

what a few did was wrong I think it was a huge set up but that does not excuse all of it

I do not feel its over and I think the left is also running scared why else would 25 to 30K national guard be in the capitol and every state capitol something just does not add up

• Options
    edited January 2021

It's one thing to have been there Protesting. It is another thing entirely to have participated in Violence and to have stormed the Capitol and broke in. That was wrong, and those people are going to get screwed. (A lot of the main instigators getting arrested are known ANTIFA agitators, your not hearing that on the News though are you?)

The one guy roaming inside the Capitol with the Rebel flag, was a known ANTIFA agitator and has since been arrested. Others had Hammer & Sickle Tattoos on the back of their hands. The one guy that threw the Fire extinguisher and ended killing the DC Police Officer had such a Tattoo. He was videoed outside the Capitol after throwing the Fire Extinguisher and is obviously covering up the back of his hand by something being draped over it. He was later photographed inside on the Capitol steps with another couple guys. Yup - Hammer & Sickle Tatooes clearly visible on the back of their hands. (Also since arrested.) (Trump supporters?) Uhh.........No.

To put them together as all deserving the same punishment is wrong, and shortsighted. (Unless you are jockeying for a spot on the Biden/Harris team.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

Criminal trespass is a crime. Probably 90%+ of those inside the Capitol should have this as their only charge.

Damaging public property is a crime. Those who did this should pay the appropriate penalty.

Assaulting the police is a crime. Those who did this should be charged for what they did to those people.

Pelosi and McConnell have desecrated the Capitol building in much worse ways that was done on 6 January, and I think the proposed charges of treason and sedition are silly.

Arrest them for what they did.

Spare us the hand-wringing about the damage done to our country or institutions.

Thomas Jefferson once opined as to the nutritional requirements of the Tree of Liberty. Perhaps those that hope to reign over us from that Capitol ill reflect upon his horticultural wisdom.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited January 2021

***** You are only provoking angry retorts by such suggestions. *****

My apologies then Sir.