In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Yea cause why waste time on English, or math, or history??

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭

Can I just address everyone as “hey dude”🙃

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin

That'll work, my daughter and all her female friends address each other as "Dude".

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

Since they want me to forego the usage of gender pronouns, I will have to use other terms to refer to people to avoid confusion. Things like fatso, butt ugly, crazy, dummy and any other physical or mental characteristic should be appropriate. Bob

• Options
    bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

Some years ago, I declared myself a springbok trapped in a human body. A springbok is a highly agile, cute, deer-like animal that resides in southern and southwestern African. Some people suggested that I suffered from a condition known as species dysphoria, in which one thinks he is a wild animal trapped in a human body. Species dysphoria is similar to gender dysphoria, a condition in which a person believes he is a woman trapped in a male body or a man trapped in a female body.

Psychological counseling was recommended, which, in my opinion, is nothing less than animal phobia. One might ask, "Bundy, why in the world would you want to call yourself a springbok?" The reason is quite simple. There is nothing in the Internal Revenue Code that says springboks have a federal tax obligation. If IRS officials were to demand that a springbok pay taxes, they could be referred to the U.S. Department of Justice for prosecution and reported to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Unlike the new president who is renowned for plagiarizing other peoples words as his own I admit to borrowing this from the late Walter Williams whom I will miss greatly for his commentary.

• Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Makes perfect sense to me---I mean, if you can proclaim gender, why not species?

Seriously, first it is to gain access to the girls locker room, and this to avoid being taxed. It could work.

But on a serious note, is a springbok able to own property? I suppose one could set up a trust or other tax entity.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

A Springbok can be hunted.

Don

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Shaftster2001Shaftster2001 Member Posts: 1

I identify as an SR-71, my pronoun is Habu/Blackbird.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I heard some crap on NPR the other day where the subject of the interview had that "not quite right voice". Where you are wondering if this is a guy or a gal.......turns out that it was a "it"...........a "fem" to I guess a "hopefull" male. "It" sounded like a lower register male talking after it had inhaled a helium balloon. Spouting the usual liberal acceptance......blah.....blah......blah

What has happened to MY country?

The preferred pronoun BTW was they instead of he/she. I am not going to refer to a singular person as they..........if "they" don't know what "they" are..........I will say IT

• Options
    Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Yep, I call them "It"

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******

Look they can pick whatever pronoun they want. Likely I'm just going to refer to them as moron anyway, so it matters not to me.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭

DEMOCRATs again