In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Go to your browser and enter a n t i f a .com (without the spaces) and see where it takes you.....

hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Politics

Go to your browser and enter a n t i f a .com (without the spaces) and see where it takes you.....

antifa.com when typed in to a browser goes to https://www.whitehouse.gov/

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited January 2021

I checked and the word antifa.com is not prohibited in the this forum.

Had Antifa been a prohibited word and a deliberate effort was made to add spaces in an effort to get around a prohibited word, it would have had dire consequences for anyone attempting it.

Just a friendly heads up to anyone who might be considering doing such a thing.

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭

antifa.com when typed in to a browser goes to wait for it..... https://www.whitehouse.gov/

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Any website can auto direct to any other website. Means nothing. Maybe antifi got hijacked by a hacker with a sense of humor?

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,358 ******

mark christian is this list you speak of available to regular forum members so we can be sure to not mess up?

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited January 2021

No, it is not even available to Nunn, myself, or to Sr. Moderator MontanaJoe, who is currently acting as an admin. Once upon a time in a forum far far away, the admins in the forum controlled the "bad word Filter" adding or removing words as we saw fit. Those were good times 😎

Then, with the arrival of this current forum, the word filter fell into the hands of the suits at GBHQ, and darkness covered the forum. Now, if Nunn, myself or MontanaJoe want a word edited out or added, we have to go through channels and make a request. After asking several times for access to this sacred list, and being denied every time, I've resolved to live with it.

The only way I can check the status of a word now is to type in the questionable word and post it. If it comes out "clean" then I simply delete my post (I can do that, although members can't). If the word comes up "dirty", I delete my post and we deal with it quickly.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,358 ******

mark christian thank you for your response, not easy to post without knowing all the qotchas but it is what it is and I'll try not mess up.

This discussion has been closed.