In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

5.7 lovers (no reserve and ammo included)

jesnlsnjesnlsn Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Buy 400 rounds of ammo and get a free pistol with it ! (That’s a joke kind of )

penny start no reserve . She’s a good one but needs cleaning !

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/890981121

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Looks clean to me.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭

Would not surprise me at all if a BIN happens soon.

Ruger introduced their version of the 57 and you could buy one for around $700. Suddenly all the ammo disappeared.

IMHO 5.7x29 ammo is most difficult to find and if you do, expect to pay around $2 per plink.

With an FN pistol selling for around $1300 and ammo at $2 per round, if I was a betting man, it wont last.

• Options

Roboz I did a quick and dirty with q

tips. It’s not clean to my standards but I didn’t want to go out to the shop and if I clean a gun on the wife’s new countertops I’ll get castrated. Well I did clean it on her countertop but I didn’t use any solvent !! This is a nice pistol I’m just not a 5.7 fan living here in bear and moose country . Although 20 rounds of those little 40 grainers going Mach 2 plus ought to make anyone think twice .

• Options

Chief I keep sticking more ridiculous (in my opinion ) buy it now numbers on my auctions and they keep

getting used !! I was thinking 2k was about a bargain on this package so I added 300 just to see what happens .

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭

Yours pistole is not a Ruger, it is an FN. Scarcity of ammo has led me to reload this tiny round.

I have seen bricks of 500 sell for as high as $1500. At that price, you can buy 2 Ruger 57s or a FN with a couple hundred left over.

• Options

That’s what I was counting on was the 400 rounds of ammo being bid at about 2 bucks a round and the gun at a base of 1200 minimum

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Sorry....removed by me....