In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Top of the line .22 rifle going cheap

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

As I post this the bid is $755.00 for a Anschutz 54 Match .22 rifle. The scope is worth that much.

Anschutz 54 Match Bolt Action 22lr Unertl 10x 1966 NICE C&R - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 890124820

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

That is nice.

RLTW

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

That would be the perfect rifle for a young smallbore shooter just starting out. The stock could use a little freshening up but since Anschutz used a simple stain/varnish finish that should be an easy upgrade. You are right the scope and mounts are bringing crazy prices and they could be sold for what a really good receiver sight and a bunch of good target ammo would cost. I have never seen an Anschutz that couldn't perform better than the shooters capabilities. Also being a 22 I have never seen one that didn't shoot as good after 1000's of rounds as it did when it was made. I hope there are a bunch of watchers that will throw in some bids because right now that is a steal. Bob

• Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. I’m watching it now. Don’t really need another .22 but not afraid to jump on a good deal.