In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping Primers

azmoonmanazmoonman Member Posts: 4

Hi all,

I recently sold some primers on GB and did not realize the hassle involved in shipping because they are considered explosives. Does anyone have any advice on how to effectively ship the primers sold? I called around and some want $200-$400 to pack and ship "900 primers". I have read around some just ship and take the risk, but no thanks from here. I am hoping some of you have experience with this matter and can lead me in the right direction. Thank you for your time all!

Comments

• Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Something you should have checked on before selling them. Requirement is for certified Haz. mat. person/ business to be the shipper. There is no other option.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Not much you can do about it. Talk to the buyer, take the negative feedback if they won't accept an apology and move on. You can respond to their feedback explaining the situation. Send GB an email explaining your mistake, and see if you can get your selling fees refunded. People make mistakes.

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭

I jut bought some locally and thought I was going to ship them to a friend in the next state. Oops, no, she's going to drive 4 hours to pick them up.

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    azmoonmanazmoonman Member Posts: 4

Thanks for everyone's response. I should have done the research prior. I have called UPS and FedEx and both say the same thing. I have to have a certified hazmat company or person handle it. Too much of a hassle. I have spoken to my customer and he is really cool about it. He said though, he has gotten them before. I said well sir I am not risking it I follow the rules on GB and with shipping. So that is that. Be safe all. Thank you.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

It's nice to see that people can still resolve things properly. Some lessons are learned at a much larger cost than what you paid.. You seem to be a decent person, stick around here, maybe we can change that....😉

Don't forget to contact gb about refunding your selling fee's..

• Options
    hk9403006 hk9403006 Member Posts: 7

I just got a reply from a seller here on GB, He is selling primers, no hazmat $19.00. He does not have an FFL and only has 5 reviews.

His reponse:

"FYI the HAZ MAT FEE is not mandatory, only a way big stores can recoup cost of material handling and training their people, and neither Fed-Ex or UPS have nothing to say about the fees..."

I think he is wrong, and headed for trouble. 

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,414 ***** Forums Admin

Oh man, that boy's playin with fire!!!