In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Selling Ammo

glickmpbglickmpb Member Posts: 1

All,

This has been a really tough topic for me because I cant find answers anywhere. I live in Illinois and am looking to sell a case of 5.7x28 (2k rounds) of FN Ammo. Selling the ammo on Gunbroker is fine but how do I ship it!? I am told you cannot ship through USPS, which is fine, but I called FedEx and UPS and each said they wont ship it. I cant find a straight answer from anyone. Also, if I do sell online, what is the best way to collect funds? I know they can send a personal check but most people never do that anymore with online purchases. Would Zelle be an option or a similar service? Local buyers would be ideal but Im not sure how to set it up properly on GB.

THank you!

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭

ammo must be shipped thu fedx or ups hub not thru the stores you need orm d sticker on it

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭

look out for shipping charge

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Log on to UPS web site and the instructions are there. You will need to put the omd black and white decal on the package which you can copy from the ups site. Good luck.

Shipping Ammunition: UPS - United States

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,411 ***** Forums Admin

Yep, I don't know who at UPS told the OP they won't ship ammo, but they are wrong. Unless of course it's an Illinois thing, but if they have restricted areas I would think those areas would be listed in the link Ricci posted.

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

I shipped some ammo out of Galesburg Illinois this summer through UPS. They have a store in town that wouldn’t do the shipping, but I went to the hub center they have out on highway 61 and there was no problem, in fact they where very helpful. Have it packaged up secure, they made out the label for me and put it on over the address I had already put on the package, I had to write on both sides of the package, ORM with a square around the the letters.

• Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭

You can also request your shipment to be picked up by UPS, $16.75.

• Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

My ups driver takes it with no issue as he brings it right to the hub so in effect it is being "dropped off " at the hub. I meet him on his route. Don't know if that is technically OK but I think it is a reasonable assumption. " Getting the Package to UPS

Cartridges, small arms may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account using various UPS pickup services , or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note: Cartridges, small arms are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store® or any third party retailer or UPS Access Point™ location."

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭

BE AWARE of the NEW Illinois law about Paypal transactions. ANYTHING over 1k will trigger a 1099-k now that slipped through the laws somehow. So you will get one if you use paypal as payment next year. I know, I got one and now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2K of 5,7 will be over that now. fyi

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭

Stay away from PayPal. Really. They do not like guns or anything related to them. The use agreement you made with them allows them to freeze ALL funds in your account. You can take a check (deposit it, wait to see that it clears) OR a USPS Money Order- NOT Walmart or anyone else. Shipment under 62 lbs will ship ok- by UPS GROUND if you take it to their hub. The storefronts are NOT UPS, they are a franchise.